Mashed Potatoes

Bill Piche

by Gorilla Hands

Recipe For Crushing A Potato

Potato size : Approx. 2 1/2"Ø X 3 1/2" long.

Potato type : Russet (Various grades of this type can be tougher)

The simplest training routine has been devised to allow inclusion into an already existing grip regime.

Toughening fingertips:

Fingertip pushups : I weigh 275 lbs. and can do 15 of them (adjust accordingly)

#1 coc gripper: Close it fully using fingertips in inverted position. Use other hand to stabalize it. This can be painfull if it slips out or catches a nail. Trimming nails is a must, but do not trim too close.

Index & middle finger strength: Simply put, the minimum strength required to be decent at this is to be able to close the #2 COC with two fingers. Any less will leave you crushing too small a potato to be impressive. This strength is needed to pulp the halves when you have splitted the potato with your fingertips.

Note: The size and type has been selected based on an optimum factor of impressiveness and balance with ease of execution. Larger and harder varieties of potatoes are possible but will compromise a short handy session with a long exhausing wrestling bout.

Good luck & questions welcome,

David

• 4 weeks later...
Guest 2DOGZ

Hello Wannagrip...

I really like your recipe... it sounds great, I wish we could have workouts like this for all the nifty "feats of strength"

I have one question for you about the program though, with you finger pushups... do you place your fingers like a cat would claw when your doing this exercise (I find it difficult enough to simply support myself in the prone position let alone do an actual pushup)... or do you have your fingers straight/hyper extended (which is relatively easy.

Also, can you give an approximate idea as to how many pushups & how much work will be necessary to be able to make some crushed potatoes? (For example, if I can do X pushups, and close X COC, and do what ever... I should be able to crush the potato)

Well, thanks in advance....

Guest 2DOGZ

I sent an e-mail to Mr. Gorilla Hands, and he fired this responce back to me... Thought it may be worth posting...

If you can close the #1 inverted with your fingertips

easily or even rep it a few times, you will have the

fingertip toughness to put your fingers through the

potato. If you can close the #2 with two fingers you

will have the minimum strength to crush it once split.

At a weight of 310 I was able to do 15 fingertip

push-ups, you can use that as your guide.

• 2 years later...