Aiming For The#3

kingkull

Yesterday I started my workout using the KTA program to reach my goal: Closing the #3. At this stage I am able to close the #2 nearly everytime I try and I have trained for 6 months to do this. After reading the KTA e-book I have concluded that my prevous training have been at best average. I have overtrained often in my rush to finally close the #2. Therefore my progress have been poor I think. I look forward to see how my progress with the KTA developes. For my dynamic thumb training I bought a clamp described in the e-book, could not afford a Titan telegraph. The clamp works well and costs $2.

After 2 workouts my thumb hurts in the outher joint due to dynamic thumb training, the skin on my fingers hurts a bit but else I am OK.

Reports will follow as I work my way through the program.

Nice to hear that you starting the KTA program and you going to

surpirse yourself.

Have just started on my second week of the KTA. My fingers are a bit sore and I got a blister on my pinkie after training. Started this week with beyond the range overchruses using a RB 160 gripper. Have ordered some more grippers from Ironmind for my training. Needed one for strap holds and a extra #2.

Don't give up, keep at it :rock

When the test day comes around you will suprise yourself!!

• 4 weeks later...

Have just started on phase 2 and during the back down week I used a RB240 gripper as my goal gripper. Had this gripper as an goal befor I went for the #3. I was about 6-7mm (ca. 1/4") from closing it during this week. Before I started the KTA program I was abbout 15mm (ca .06) from closin it. So the progress have been great. Looking forward th the next weeks. Have developed some thick skin on my fingers and have to use conditioner on them now and then to prevent the skin from cracking.

• 2 months later...

Failure after using the KTA program. The reason for that was easy to find, have used wrong gripper strength and aiming too high. Before I started I was able ot close the #2 and I used this gripper as a gripper I could manage but I didn't. Have started over again with a intemediate goal of closing a Robert Baraban 240 gripper. I am now usin RB160 grippers as grippers I can manage fully. So far it seems good. When this works out I am going for the #3.

• 2 months later...

Started over again using the KTA program and the right grippers. My first goal is to close the RB240 gripper and then go for the #3. Have started on phase 2 week 1 this week and it looks really good!! During warm up I am 2-3mm from closing the RB240. Before I started I was able to close the #2 but now I am crushing it. I was about 25mm from closing the RB240 so this feels good. I am rally looking forward to start on my training for closing the #3, just have to finish my work and reach my goal for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the middle of the 3. week of phase 3 and I am fighting to close the RB240 gripper. I am switching between overcrushes, strapholds and my goalgripper for about 12-16 singles. For straphold and overcrushes I am using a RB160 gripper and I am using a #3 for negative crush and smooth out negatives. My training now is 4-6 singles on my goal gripper (RB240), 2 negative crush(#3), 2 strap holds and 2 overcrushes (RB160). All singles. My goal is very close and I hope I am able to close the RB240 at the end of this week or at the start of next week. I am only 2-3mm from closing it. It feels like my brain is going to blow during my attemps to close it.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to take a break for 2 weeks due to a infection in my middle finger and the middle joit just where the handle is pressing the most during work out. I started over again on phase 2 week 2 . And on my 2. day I finally managed to close the RB240 gripper YES!!!!!!! It was only once but the handles touched. I'm back in buisness again. I will finish this program, have some rest and aim for the #3 ASAP.

Nice job with the RB 240 congrats!!

• 3 months later...

My RB240 seems to be in the middle between my #2 and#3. Rated compared to my #3 2,5 - 2,6. This is also depending on both the #2 and #3. The handles is a bit thicker than the handles on the Ironmind grippers and the spread of the handles is also a bit more narrow than the Ironmind grippers. Have started on training for the #3. So far it have worked fine. I am about 10-12mm from closing the #3. Did some gardening work this weekend and got a big blister in the middle of my palm. It is hurting as hell during work out and I am ripping off all new skin during work outs, but I refuse to let it stop me now. The #3 shall be mine this time!