West Coast Rt Championships & Gripboard Gathering

Clay Edgin

I'm going to be placing the hex DB order within the next couple of days, so if anyone else is interested in getting a dumbbell or two, please let me know. If you're interested in half a 90, you'll only need to buy one half (under $20) as the other half already has a buyer.

Update - I'm planning my red certification this Saturday as well. Strossen will be at the RT contest and is bringing some reds for me to certify on. Figure why not get all those certifications out of the way at once!

Look foward to seeing and meeting some of you grip masters tomorrow down at Venice Beach.My son and i will be in the deadlift contest and i will be in the R.T.contest also my first one. I'm just going to try for a P.R.on the R.T..We'll be wearing black shirts with old school barbell club on them.

Best of luck to you, Clay. Get that Red bend on video, killer!

-Jedd-

I was at the contest today and saw Clay bend the red nail with not much difficulty.A little later he cut one down a little maybe 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch and bent that one for the crowd.He squeezed the #4 and was just a whisker away.Impressive.Met Porkbone, Meatloaf, Clay and McCasslin a bunch of great guys.Hope to meet up with them again when i could hang around longer.

Great job Clay. What'd you get on the Rolling Thunder?

-Jedd-

Don't mean to answer for Clay but he did'nt do the R.T. i don't know why.I think the best pull was 168lbs. or there abouts.Odd Hagen was the judge.

Don't mean to answer for Clay but he did'nt do the R.T. i don't know why.I think the best pull was 168lbs. or there abouts.Odd Hagen was the judge.

168!! Are you sure? Clay would have won it by far. I wish I could have gone, but I've got a baby coming any day. Congrats Clay, on the red nail. :rock Oh, and you'd better close the MMG3 on the next round. Or else... I'll whine and bitch as usual :D

I didn't do the RT because I am, at heart, a cheapskate and couldn't see spending $50 to enter the contest. I had heard that the winning lift was 179, but I wasn't really paying attention!

179??!??!!?!?!??!?!

5 Guys that were up to TPS two weeks ago could have beaten that.

Does that qualify you for Nationals?????

Weird. What was the prixze for lifting 179?

-Jedd-

The winner was qualified for the Nationals and received a $50.00 gift certificate from Ironmind.

Hey Jedd,

Not to be a smart ass but it was my first time in an R.T.contest as was

the guy that won and the guy that won in the under 225lb. class.So there were a lot of first timers novices if you will.Some of us also deadlifted in the meet before the R.T. contest.So i wouldn't of expected big numbers.So i'm sure there are many guys out there that could pull more.But where were they?