Wrist Work While On Kta

leatherface

Is it alright to do wrist work(such as sledgehammer twists and the such), while doing the KTA program? I know your not supposed to do any additional grip work, but wasn't sure about the wrist work. Thanks

with all the volume kta entails i do not think it would be wise to include a lot of wrist work. i think it would just be asking for tendonitis but if you don't mind the risk of having to take some time off, go for it. you might be able get away with a little.

Edited by Vise

Alright thanks. I think I'll just do 1 day of wrist work, and if i feel anything starting to bother me ill cut it out. thanks again

This question comes up a lot. If you are doing a program, you will not reap the full results of your hard work if you deviate from the program even a little bit. If you've made the committment to buy KTA and do it "for better and for worse" then you should stick to the program and abandon all other aspects of your grip training not included in the program.

If you add even one day of wrist work, then you're not doing KTA any more. The ebook even warns you not to do anything else.

BTW, I apologize if this post comes off as rude but I am very tired right now and am doing my best to think straight

Alright thanks. I think I'll just do 1 day of wrist work, and if i feel anything starting to bother me ill cut it out. thanks again

Read what Clay wrote again. :)

Alright thanks, 0 wrist work will be done :) I just wasn't sure if you would consider wrist work(specifically sledge twists), a form of grip work. Anyhow, question answered... thanks again!

One of the biggest problems with intense grip work is avoiding overtraining.

I got tendinitis in both hands from my KTA attempt even though I tried to do it right but then again I am now suffering from tendinitis in one hand the last two months from a less severe program which I messed up by doing extra manual labor 1 day. Just some woodchopping and sawing. Not a big deal but enough to push me over the edge.

In general, I agree with the guys above, be wary of doing too much. If you even need to ask if you can do more then you should probably not do it until you are very sure that it will be ok.

KTA is a commitment. It's such an intense program that anything extra can quickly become overtraining. Stick to the program exactly as it is written and you will reap great rewards.

Stick to the program it works. When I was lifting heavy and doing KTA I had tendonitis in my hands bad from doing heavy shrugs and lats pulls and DL's. However, I suffered a shoulder injury which kept me from working out for about a month. I gained more in that month on KTA than I did the whole time before while I was lifting. I was also injury/tendonitis free which was great. To keep it simple

Stick to the program

i love KTA, because i love a challenge, but my only problem is the thumb training options. the clamps don't work very well for me, and im currently looking into a TTK or some kind of substitute. for now i am doing plate pinches. im sure Mr. Piche won't agree with me, but this is giving me great results.i have had no adverse affects with this.

Well, on this one I can say that when I was training to close my "01" #3 IronMind gripper I trained the grip 4 days on and 3 days off. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays on - Friday, Saturday and Sundays off. Everything else I did just as I always had but found that I had to lower the intensity on the Wrist-curls, but with the Plate-curls I found that I had to drop them all together. They stressed the hands and fingers too much to make fast gains with grip. The Wrist-curling just didn't hit the hands and fingers as the Plate-curls did and therefore I was able to continue doing Wrist-curls by dropping the weight, reps and sets.

Sixgun

for now i am doing plate pinches. im sure Mr. Piche won't agree with me, but this is giving me great results.i have had no adverse affects with this.

I have the same problem, the thumb clamps don't work for me either, I was thinking about trying plates but was worried about over doing it, but I think now I'll give it a go.

Thanks

Well, on this one I can say that when I was training to close my "01" #3 IronMind gripper I trained the grip 4 days on and 3 days off. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays on - Friday, Saturday and Sundays off.

I've been considering a 4-on-3-off schedule like this. How well did it work for you? Did you close that '01 #3?

I have tried many different variations to KTA as far as days on and off and I had success with everyone I had great success with 2on 1off

• 1 month later...
I have tried many different variations to KTA as far as days on and off and I had success with everyone I had great success with 2on 1off

Same here. 2 on 1 off has worked the best for me as well.