Good Cardio Routine

ianders1

5 mins Gradual Warmup -- 5-8 mins Work Zone (75-85% Max HR) -- 5 min Cooldown

I've been using this the last several weeks with really good results. The bodyfat is coming off, I'm feeling more fit, endurance and VO2Max are increasing, and my (resting) heartrate is getting lower. Most importantly, it hasn't affected my resistance training:

Concurrent Resistance Training and Aerobic Training

By Dr. Richard Winett

Interesting article. Do you use one of those wireless heart monitors durring your aerobic workout? It seems like one of those wristwatch/chest-strap combinations would make monitoring your heartrate durring exercise an easier task.

I've just been using those heart rate monitors that are built into the treadmills, bikes, etc. Once you've done the workout 2 or 3 times, you can gauge your level without monitoring your heartrate, though. You just slowly build up to the work phase, and once there, you work just below the point of getting out of breath.