Adam Black Certification

Bill Piche

Adam contacted me to be his witness, we live pretty close.

Speaking of which; Adam, pm me and lets get this goin!

-Erik

PM'd Eric; depending on his schedule, we should be good to go either this weekend or early next week.

PM'd Eric; depending on his schedule, we should be good to go either this weekend or early next week.

Assuming I can get the gripper to the witness.

Email me his address. editor@cyberpump.com

I also need the cert fee of 10 bucks sent. You can use PayPal. See the link stuck in the main MMG forum.

I also need the cert fee of 10 bucks sent. You can use PayPal. See the link stuck in the main MMG forum.

Paid this via PayPal when I signed up.

I also need the cert fee of 10 bucks sent.  You can use PayPal. See the link stuck in the main MMG forum.

Paid this via PayPal when I signed up.

Yup. confirmed.

Good Luck!

Good luck Adam!

No problem for your, for sure!

Look forward to seeing your destruction of the Monster, Adam!

Gripper sent. Erik, I spelled your name as Eric on the box by accident. :)

Got a message that it has arrived and I gotta pick it up at the post office.

I'll get it by Tues. at the latest.

-HH

Good luck!

Thanks all, hopefully can make it to Eriks tonight. If not, it may not be until next week. Will talk with Erik today, Monday, hopefully.

Go getter, Adam!

Edited by EricMilfeld

Fellas, Fellas, Fellas!

Adam came over last night and we had a blast. We drank beer, mangled bottle caps, bent nails, hoisted some blocks (the Blob could in Adam's near future), and of course closed some grippers.

Alright, I'll cut to the chase. Adam did get that damn gripper closed. It was touch and go at first.

The MM1 is right at the edge of his current crushing strength. His first attempt he tried to do a nice pause after the set and that was just enough to wear him out so it didn't happen the first attempt.

Second attempt was super close but no cigar. For some reason he was a little outta his groove.

We needed him to find his groove so we drank a beer and talked about other grip related things.

This did the trick. Just enough rest and the mind was now clear.

Third go at it and he closed it. I'm proud of him because this gripper was at his outermost limits.

It was a solid close.

The video is pretty much crap. We set it up and did some practice runs with a Trainer. The practice runs were good. The problem arrived because the gripper was so strong. His first attempt wore him out with the set, pause, squeeze. Pausing is way harder than just mashing.

When he did close it he held it for me to see and then put it up to the camera where the gripper started to open. This is a pain in the ass to explain. You'll see what I mean.

Adam's glad he closed it and he shoud be. We talked about the video and if the board decides to not pass this cert due to poor video, that's ok. He's only getting stronger and would be easier the next time.

Congrats Adam on a solid close.

-HH

Congrats on closing that thing, Adam! I must admit I'm starting to get a little nervous about my own prospects now. By the way, what type of beer did you drink to boost your performance? I need some.

Was not at my best, but I did want I wanted to do. The video of the close is sub par in my opinion. Personally, I wouldn't pass it; but that's not my call.

Gripper will be on it's way back today.

We did have a blast, I was able to crack the Blob off the floor the first time I ever tried it. I have one on loan now, so will be lifting it to full lockout soon. Erik bent the hardest 60Ds I have ever seen, rated at 275 and 290lbs.

Congrats on closing that thing, Adam! I must admit I'm starting to get a little nervous about my own prospects now. By the way, what type of beer did you drink to boost your performance? I need some.

The Sierra Nevada did help. With only 1 beer down I missed 2 attempts at the MM1. After I put the 2nd beer down, I was able to close it. It's gotta be the beer!

Third go at it and he closed it. I'm proud of him because this gripper was at his outermost limits.

It was a solid close.

The video must clearly show the handles touching. Looks like it will go to the two other judges for video review per the rules.

I am still wondering why some guys have no problem getting video and others have struggled? Did anyone read Heath's post on getting proper video or did I just waste bandwidth putting it up awhile ago? :(

Are there any other tips that can be added to help guys out?

I am still wondering why some guys have no problem getting video and others have struggled? Did anyone read Heath's post on getting proper video or did I just waste bandwidth putting it up awhile ago? :(

Are there any other tips that can be added to help guys out?

On that particular day, this was a limit lift for me. My concentration was on what mattered most to me, closing the gripper. Even more so having missed my first two attempts. On my last attempt nothing existed for me but hand power, let alone staying in frame so I could apease folks on the Internet with some video.

I did read Heath's post, twice in fact. A wise man knows that knowing and doing have nothing to do with each other.

My plan for staying in frame was to use a background reference. In my case I used the closet door. After some test runs I knew that I would be in frame if I kept my hands above the door knob and between the 2 panels. This worked well for my first two attempts. But like I said, with the third attempt I had no concentration to spare.