Stopping By Real Quick

Rick Walker

Well-the pec doesnt feel much better, but I have found a way around the pain by tucking my elbows and bringing the bar low.

Did floor presses today-the goal was to get 200-I got 205. Had some left in the tank but my pec was letting me know that it isnt ready to strain yet. Still-I was very pleased with the weight and how it felt. I am a long, long ways from my best in this movement, but I can see in front of me now instead of looking back.

Thanks to all that sent well wishes-I am coming back... :mosher

Rick Walker :rock

I cant believe I didnt recomend floor presses in the first place. These were about all I could for awhile. I bench in the same fashion you described with elbows tucked in and low on the chest. Hope it continues to get better.

Austin

Tucking your elbows in and bringing the bar low on the chest is the way powerlifters bench. This way puts more stress on the triceps than on the pecs. I would guess this is why it doesn't hurt your pec as much. Just thought I'd throw that out there.