Frustrating Lessons....

BJones

Just some recent observations:

Last night I decided to try some card tearing and was experiementing with the "wringing" technique the RWalker had described and ended up removing a good bit of skin from the webbing between my thumb and forefinger - like a blister that rips off and leaves the raw skin underneath - nothing painful just annoying -

Lesson #1 - pay attention to your hands and where a new technique is putting stress. Could have prevented this if I had just looked at my hand.

Recent bending with minimal wrapping has left my hands sore and with some "interesting" feelings in my left hand - not numb but not normal -

Lesson #2 - Use enough wrapping to protect your hands. Going with minimal wrapping for the occasional session or bend is fine but for volume - protect your hands.

Also - recent training has been so focused on bending that I have lost strength in a lot of other areas - Lesson #3 - While you must dedicate to a goal to reach it - it should be achieved through a shift of emphasis not an exclusion of all other training.

So with a couple of forced days off to rest my hands and heal my boo-boo on my hand - I will re-examine what has been successful and return stronger and hopefully a bit wiser.

Nothing in here that is revolutionary - just some observations.

Brett

That's a lesson I learn every workout! I usually train until I manage to either rip a callus or make something "feel" funny so I stop until everything is good.