Washers On Gripper

seaman

Hello !

I´m new into grip training,lifting weights on/off for about 10 years. Did buy

coc #1, 4 weeks ago,could close it 1 times with left hand,2 with right at first try,now 8 and 10.My question is how does the WASHER on the gripper help your training.okey a work in a iron factory so did go find a right size and put it on the gripper, the handels about 2 cm apart with washer on.What is the purpouse off training that way?

One moore question what exersises are good to improv the grip power would be nice to get the number 2 at first try.

Thanks seaman from Finland

Edited by seaman

If I understand you correctly, you're talking about putting a large washer over the spring of the gripper.

This acts as a "choker" on the gripper, and as you've seen, it decreases the distance that the gripper has to close. This lets you work on your final crush easier because you don't have to fight to set the gripper.

As far as other ways to improve your grip power. Search around the board! read old posts!

Seaman get the KTA program

Seaman, I do the same thing. I have some washers with a 1.5" diameter hole in them and after I file a notch out of them, they can fit even the #4.

Seaman get the KTA program

Hello

I only have acess to a computer and internet at work so cant do that(shared pc)

so i have to make my own training program.Good thing to work in a ironmill so i can make my own griptools allredy made a replica of the telegraph key.

The Blob got me interested so if someone can give the :help measurement off the blob (were you grip it) i wuold try to make something like it.

thanks seaman

The measurements for the blob are in the FAQ section too :)

Thank you for that :bow

only 50 minutes left of the graveyard shift (clock now 05.10 am)

¨

Goodnight seeya :shifty