Quest To Flog The # 1

Darco

HG 250: 3 singles

#2: 1 single

HG 300: 5 negatives

HG 250: 2 singles

#2 : 1 Single

HG 250: Failed

Good to see you back in action Darco. Are you closing the HG250 with no set? Great job either way. And how close are you on the HG300? Also, do both the HG250 and the HG300 have shiny handles?

• 1 month later...

I havent checked this log in a LONG time, yes Ben I can no set the HG250, and I'm working on consistency on the HG300 with a set, followed distantly by an eventual no set. The handles on both grippers seem shinny to me, but I dont have much to compare them with. When I filed down my 250 the chrome finnish started flaking off. My grippers are narrower than CoC's.

• 1 month later...

Quest Acomplished left & right..... ;)

Next Quest to flog the Filed HG250

Congrats on achieving the goal! Going from the #1 to a Filed HG250 seems like a heck of a jump to me...no inbetween grippers for you? How are you coming along on that brass handled RB180?

I can can close it with a set, but without one I can barely get the handles to parallel. My grippers in order of ease with sets right now are :

#2, Filed #1, RB 180, Filed HG 250, HG 300, RB 300.

After reviewing the list it doesnt seem very logical but that's the way it feels to me. With out a set the RB 180 will give me alot more work than the HG 300.

Btw it took me 22 reps on the #1 before I could get a my #2, so I needed a SICK filing job to reverse the difficulty order.

hey darco,

it took you 22 reps to close the 2??? i think your doing wayyyy too many reps. When i first closed the 1 (first day i got it) i was already thinking #2. I don't think i was able to do more than 10 reps on my 1 when i closed the 2. I can close a 2 now when my hands are fresh..or even at 50%. I never tried repping one, but i started moving ahead after i first closed it.

ben, i think his goal was to close the 1 inverted with 3 fingers...

Thanks Ishred. I knew he had achieved his goal of the #1 FLOG...I was just wondering why he was jumping so far ahead to the HG250, instead of maybe setting a goal of closing the #2. He explained it well.

Darco, I was almost exactly the same as you. I couldn't close my #2 until I was doing over 20 reps (30+) on my #1! It sounds goofy to some people but that's how it is for some people. And that was even with plenty of #2 attempts. Now of course I can close any #2 that I've ever met. Which isn't really saying much, but hey...

I've been asked a few times in the chat "What do you do with your pinky when your Flogging" The pinky is on the gripper it's the index that isnt on the gripper. The Index is pointing straight when the gripper is fully closed.

Seeing as I filed down my 250 again since the last time I posted, I will change my goal to Flogging the #2 by the spoon.

• 1 month later...

Finger Tip Push Ups: 7, 5, 3 :blush

Goal: 20

Reason: Tougher fingers, I wanna be able to endure some real pain while bouldering.

Hey Darco, when you do your finger tip pushups, do you let the tips bend back or do you keep them straight and do them in a claw like position? I find that letting them bend back is bad and is just like trying to bend a piece of metal using your thumbs. Then again if you make sure you are pulling real hard with your finger tips, they should be protected, much like the wrist in heavy overhead pressing.

Try the greace the groove methode Darco. Do 5 in a row 3 or 4 times a day and the next time you go to work them, go for a new max. Since you're trying to build toughness, you need to expose your hands to rough treatment frequently. Good Luck.

In a claw like fashion with the tips stabbing into the floor.

Ya, I suppose I should poke at it a few times daily for fixed reps, thanks.

Table Top BB Wrist Curl:

135 x 30

140 x 30

145 x 30

Finger Tip Push ups: 5, 5

Nice work on those wrist curls Darco. I'm doing a bunch of flogging as we speak. :D I'll report on it tomorrow.

Thanks, I've just recently learnt the value of not going to total failure on certain things. That happy face can only mean massive crushes.....

Too cold to train, - 49C with the wind chill, going to be outside most of the day and my joints will be in severe pain by the end of the day.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad News......I TORE my rotator cuff in my right shoulder, looks like everything else is going on the back burner.

Darco, I am VERY sorry to hear about your rotator cuff injury! I hope you heal up quickly. Good luck man.

He Lyle.

I'm really sorry to here about your injury.

Hope it heals very soon, buddy.

:erm

Kÿle, of course.

Sorry. :blush