Seni 2004

mobsterone

What a day. Stan Pike of www.intensefitness.co.uk had a trade stand at Seni 2004 a huge martial arts expo at the Birmingham NEC. I said I would go down and help him out on the Sunday (today).

Well what an awful journey. It's 125 miles from my house and I took, a train, a tube (underground train), another train, three different buses / coaches and another train.

However, it was packed when I arrived and I have never shut either the CoC 2 or 3 so many times. I bent 2 x 200-kilo challenge bars and 2 x 225-kilo challenge bars. I did pull after pull on his version of the Rolling Thunder including (with a 100-120 loaded) getting small children to stand on it while I lifted it. He also has a pinch block (weighs 50 pounds) and I must have done that 20 times.

If we had had any grippers to sell we could have sold 30-40 while I was there, as it was he sold quite a few Kettlebells and assorted goodies and I am now shot. There was little or no chance to get any food and so I was/am starving and have managed a few mouthfuls and will get some more.

With the Iron Grip just 6 days away I thought of today as a workout and overload and will have my last grip workout on Tuesday.

Hope you like the report.

Sounds like a lot of fun Steve!

For those interested in what high volume is, read this thread!

Thanks for the report Steve.

Sounds like a lot of fun Steve!

For those interested in what high volume is, read this thread!

Too true. Indeed I am deliberately over doing it at the moment (it's my 4th day in a row) and will then rest for 3 days solid with the next day of lifting the day of the Iron Grip. Stan, who naturally had been doing grippers all day Saturday said that his hands were like claws on Saturday night and Sue, his wife, had to massage his forearms. I think he words were 'thank f@@@ you've arrived, I can have a rest!' :D

Sounds like good fun Steve.

Is the 50lb pinch block that you mention the one that Stan sells on his site? If so, how does the difficulty compare to the Blob?

That's what they call "beneficial overtraining".

Great report Steve! Grippin's growin' more popular by the day. :rock