Overcrush

Vise

i feel real dumb for asking but what exactly is an overcrush? please enlighten me and free me from the deadly grasps of ignorance!

Edited by Vise

an overcrush is when you MASH the handles of a gripper together. not just touch them together, but try and crush them through each other for a few seconds.

-CHRIS

• Like 1

Couldnt an overcrush also be called a static hold? ( depending how long u hold it of course )

Couldnt an overcrush also be called a static hold? ( depending how long u hold it of course )

Static holds and overcrushes are similar. The difference being that a static hold you just try to hold the gripper shut for a period of time, where the overcrush you are not just holding shut, you are continually applying more pressure on the squeeze striving to keep the handles grindining the entire time

Yeah, you should (theoretically) be able to static hold a gripper shut longer than you can overcrush it because you are using so much more energy and intensity when trying to overcrush.

• 7 months later...

The Dude is awesome!

• 6 months later...

I could have swore that an overcrush was the same thing as an inverted close, but I guess I was wrong. I'm a beginner as well... :blush