New And Wondering

EmEx

Hi i am totally new to grip training(used to do forearm wristcurls for a while)

i just started about 2 weeks ago read a LOT about it on the net and went

thru tons of websites.

Based on the information i got im currently doing a 2 times a week workout.

My question is as a beginner would you guys recommend working out more often??

Thanks

Get the KTA program ASAP.

This will help go the fast way posssible to the next gripper.

IF I frist started I would get the KTA program.

Get the KTA program ASAP.

This will help go the fast way posssible to the next gripper.

IF I frist started I would get the KTA program.

Thx, Ill think about it though its not my main focus to advance to the next gripper i do other exercises like wristrolling.

Btw i just orderd 2 CoC(#1&2) grippers today ive never used a "real" gripper yet.

Trust me once you touch those grippers you will be addicted to trying to close all of them!!!!

All of us here are sure that IM put some kind of addictive powder on them that soaks through your skin. ;)

Welcome to the Gripboard, EmEx!

What kinds of exercises are you currently doing twice a week? Also, what is your main area of interest in grip training (e.g., grippers, BENDING, pinching, block weights, sledgehammers, etc?) That will help provide a more accurate answer to your question. :)

Thank you Chris! currently im only doing 2 different exercises.

I built my own little toys: Wristroller, made of a 1 1/2 inch thick stick (might change to 2 inchs) rolling it 2x in a row in each direction the weight is so that i can barely make it (32 1/2 lbs)

the other thing i dont know how to call it, its simply a limestone with flat sides, drilled a hole in the middle and attached weights with a rope to it then try to static hold as long as I can with all fingers im still expierementing with how heavy to make it shouldnt be able to hold it for more then 6 seconds since im trying to improve shorttime strenght not endurance.

How many sets would you recommend of thous?

And a little concrete block with the same thing 1x4 inches holding with 2 fingers only on the long side as long as I am able to(i do that fingerpincher only sometimes.)

I know its different then holding on to the weights itself but it trains my grip nonth the less and no chalk is required!(the limestone is practicly made out of chalk).

Now im only waiting for my grippers and im all set!

Yep i only work out my grip and thats all(maybe some day ill do more)! The rest of my body I keep fit(but not very strong) by working in the garden or at the restaurant.

It just looks good to have thous killer forearms im skinny 110 pounds 5.10"(i eat much less then the average person) and proud of it so its easy to see my muscles(if i have any :unsure )

But more importantly it just feels great :mosher

Lets see for how long I will keep this hobby I used to play chess then quit and a couple of months later started again and then I quit again so I never know!

If I understand correctly, it sounds like you have made two different kinds of pinch blocks, one out of limestone and one out of cement. So, the two types of grip training you are currently working on are pinch and forearm development using the wrist roller. You also plan to begin training crush using the grippers.

I don't have specific advice as to how often you should train. I think that really varies by person. Some of the best advice I ever received on that subject was from Eric Godfrey (aka Bender). To paraphrase, he said to train when your body feels up to training, and rest when your body tells you to.

When I first started training grip (a whole 3 1/2 months ago), I trained almost every day. Pretty soon my progress plateaued as I began to overtrain. After a few days off, I began making progress again. Right now, I train my bending two days each week, I train block weights one day each week, and I throw other items in as I feel like it (e.g., card tearing, grippers, etc.) I also try to workout at the gym three times each week (two upper body, and one lower body). Every few weeks, this training schedule becomes too much, and I have to take about three days off in a row to rest and recover. Bending is my primary focus, and when I begin to lose ground in this area, I know it is time to take a few days off.

My advice is to begin training hard, have fun, and listen to your body. You will know when you are over-training, and after a short while, you will find a training schedule that is the right one for you. I hope this helps.

Keep grippin! :cool

You understood correctly.

To train when the body feels like it simple but very good advice indeed most people dont think like that. I also noticed though that when i give my best and train maximum effort that i wont go at it the next day again because i feel that the muscles a still a lil sore and have to recover.

On the other hand there is this theory that the body can handle anything and the more one works the stronger it becomes.

If you look at the black slaves in the 20's or so some of them worked on the railroad carrieng huge stuff working maybe 10 hours a day 6 times a week and they became monsters tremendously strong....at least from what ive heard/read havent been there when that happend.