Attention Grip Bash Competitors!

EricMilfeld

Eric,

Just to clarify, if #3 makes it in (one-arm power clean with olympic bar) I am assuming that the hook grip will be prohibited.

Eric,

Just to clarify, if #3 makes it in (one-arm power clean with olympic bar) I am assuming that the hook grip will be prohibited.

Right. No hook grips.

I highly reccomend a metal ruler for the #1 strap hold for max weight"

I think what would be even better is an old credit card cut so it doesn't touch your hand. I don't have a metal ruler but i think everybody has an old credit card.

Guest gripmaster316

I know what you mean Jedd, but I guess my hands get better gains then my back. My brother and I haven't been deadlifting for too long so are numbers aren't as high some others.

Here are the five events chosen by popular vote, in order of popularity. I chose not to vote.

1)plate pinch

2)#1 gripper, straphold for weight

3)reverse curl

4)two fingers per hand deadlift

5)double overhand deadlift

Interesting. It seems the consensus was for a no-frills, minimal equipment type contest. That's cool. All we need, other than the gripper and a strap, is an olympic bar and plates. I'll post the rules very soon. And thanks everyone for taking part!

Cool... Seems like I have to start training the deadlift again !? :laugh

Good luck with the training guys !

Awesome events. I love the deadlift. A little disappointed that my favorite new hobby(bending) didn't make it in, but I'm still looking forward to competing.

Awesome events. I love the deadlift. A little disappointed that my favorite new hobby(bending) didn't make it in, but I'm still looking forward to competing.

David, combining your deadlift and bending abilities all in one contest would make you one tough customer to beat!

Eric,

What are your thoughts at this juncture for the straphold strap?

-Jedd-

I like the idea of using tettings ruler. maybe someone could order a few and send them out or people can call tetting himself and order one. I love the one I have although its humbling.

Austin

Eric,

What are your thoughts at this juncture for the straphold strap?

-Jedd-

Actually, this is the one detail preventing me from posting the rules at this time. I definitely need some input here. We need some standardized, readily available, material to use for the strap. This needs to be a hard material that retains its original shape.

Also, I'll need some input from those experienced with the use of straps (I'm not) regarding the rules of this event. I'm assuming the strap will inevitably make incidental contact with the palms. Is this right? And shouldn't the strap also be required to hang from the gripper's handles in such a way that it is not resting on the edge of the hanles, but rather hanging freely from the handles?

Help? Ideas?

Eric this is why a steel ruler works so well. Almost impossible to cheat with. Tetting makes one and Im sure one could be made.

Austin :rock

Just ask that everyone go to their local home improvement store or lumber yard and get a small piece of steel banding. The banding us used to hold lumber together for shipping. These places just throw the stuff away so everyone should be able to get it for free.

I might have to give this contest a go.

Edited by JeffPeterson

These events are all events I love. That's it what where can I sign up. Gordon, Dave let's getogether and do this one at somebody's place.

Just ask that everyone go to their local home improvement store or lumber yard and get a small piece of steel banding. The banding us used to hold lumber together for shipping. These places just throw the stuff away so everyone should be able to get it for free.

Excellent idea Gordon. Does anyone object to using this steel banding? Worse case scenario: if you can't get the banding, maybe a steel ruler could be used.

Jeff Peterson, there's no sign up. The rules will be posted shortly. That would be great if you could compete. The contest is open to all Gripboard members.

The steel banding idea is a good one. It is widely available and very tough. As luck would have it, I've got some sitting in my dad's shop.

I would like to participate in this contest as well. Sign me up! I like the events.

Edited by ClayEdgin

Who here is planning on competing in this one?

The Brave Thrill Seekers! :laugh

Our second contest has been the biggest thus far, with fifteen competitors. I'm thinking this one may be even bigger.