Attention Grip Bash Competitors!

EricMilfeld

Please select 5 of the following to be contested in Grip Bash V. List them according to their number designation. I'll leave it up and running for a few days.

1)two handed, double overhand, olympic bar deadlift

2)two handed, reverse grip, olympic bar deadlift, using only first two fingers of each hand

3)one arm power clean of an olympic bar

4)bending for the shortest piece of stock, to be supplied via mail by Jedd Johnson

5)bending the easiest true 60D's you can acquire yourself, with grade 5 bolts being used by those who are strong enough, for max number in 30 minutes

6)two handed, duct tape-covered wooden block pinch

7)two handed plate pinch

8)one handed dumbbell deadlift of a 2" piece of PVC pipe with olympic plates

9)#1 gripper straphold for max weight lifted

10)maximum reps of a #2 gripper (partial credit given for a #1 gripper)

11)most difficult Iron Mind gripper closure, for reps if capable

12)5/16" vertical bar lift (we would simply take some round stock and bend it into a "J", and then connect it to a loading pin

13)seated, two hands, olympic bar wrist curl for max weight

14)strict standing reverse curl of olympic bar

Edited by EricMilfeld

Guest gripmaster316

How about 1, 10, 2, 11, 6?

With 11 I believe there should be bonus points if you can close the gripper under the new IM rules.

4)bending for the shortest piece of stock, to be supplied via mail by Jedd Johnson

7)two handed plate pinch

- We need to decide on a common strap device.

- Standing against a wall?

That'd be an interesting mix, in my opinion.

-Jedd-

Edited by Jedd Johnson

I Like the idea of a 2 big fingers dead better then a double overhand dead as its more grip related then the double overhand dead as a little guy will have a harder time with this movement as its not really a pure grip exercise. either way I like Jedds list and agree no matter what style of deadlift is choosed. It would be an interesting mix.

Austin

I like Jedd's list, with Austin's modification....

#4 (even though I cannot benfd yet...)

And the 2" PVC pipe DB deadlift. Very easy to aquire and make... and I think it needs a thick bar type event. 2" would be neat as I think some monsters here could handle hellish weight with the 2" pipe!

Rick Walker :rock

5)bending the easiest true 60D's you can acquire yourself, with grade 5 bolts being used by those who are strong enough, for max number in 30 minutes

7)two handed plate pinch

11)most difficult Iron Mind gripper closure, for reps if capable

1, 3, 5, 6, 9

2) two handed, reverse grip, olympic bar deadlift, using only first two fingers of each hand

7) two handed plate pinch

8) one handed dumbbell deadlift of a 2" piece of PVC pipe with olympic plates

12) 5/16" vertical bar lift (we would simply take some round stock and bend it into a "J", and then connect it to a loading pin

13) seated, two hands, olympic bar wrist curl for max weight

As a side note, how many attempts will be allowed to reach max weight or shortest length on the bending? And do all of the events have to be done on the same day?

Guest gripmaster316

I am just curious about the deadlifting thing, isn't this unfair for people who have weaker backs but a strong grip?

Edited by gripmaster316

As a side note, how many attempts will be allowed to reach max weight or shortest length on the bending? And do all of the events have to be done on the same day?

Unlimited attempts. You'll have a full in week in which to take your attempts at your leisure.

I am just curious about the deadlifting thing, isn't this unfair for people who have weaker backs but a strong grip?

In my opinion, if you are interested in hand strength, you ought to be interested in all around strength, but since some people do not have the time or the resources to do a full body routine, it might be a good point to leave a full body lift out of the competition. We don't want to get anybody hurt here, I guess.

What's your take Eric?

-Jedd-

7)two handed plate pinch

if you are interested in hand strength, you ought to be interested in all around strength,

Jedd is right, if you have strong hands...what is the point if you cannot transfer this strength to your whole body, IMHO

Edited by smitty

I think that is also the point of doing the deadlift w/ 2 fingers or double overhand. So that your grip will (should) give out well before your back. If that is not the case then come up w/ a grip (for example double overhand of middle fingers only) where you are absolutely certain that the grip will give out before the back.

well so fa i've only been able to fully DL 350and going for 360 on a normal size bar, on a double over hand believe me, my back will give out before my grip.