Grip Bash V Events

EricMilfeld

strap hold for max weight sounds like a fun event to try!!

As far as bending is concerned I'd prefer to have somekindof consistent stock whether it is nails/bolts or CR steel but it's probably easier if everyone self shops.

Jon@han

Bring back grippers. Maybe a COC #1 Straphold for max weight?

great idea...really like it

Jedd is right on with the 1 arm hang, you relax that shoulder and it's all over, we've done 1 arm hang stuff before and unless you're a Vigeant - that shit will mess you up...

John is the plate curl master - so I know he would do very well with this!!!

1 arm snatch or 1 arm clean

how about a bent press...

how about a Dave Horne special - long plank - with weight at each end - 2 hand double over hand pinch deadlift...

weaver stick levering?

eagle claw deadlifts...

max weight on 4 " CPVC (smooth, slip over a bar) wrist roller - at least 1 foot off the ground - in under 30 seconds?

Strap hold is not a bad idea, but everyone should be using the same strap, and it should not contact the hand in anyway. This will add quite a few pounds to the lift and time. If your hand is cocked at all the # is very misleading.

I think the tetting strap would be ideal. I got mine for free but Im sure if you ordered one it would be real cheap from him. Its awesome and humbling for sure on strapholds. It took my recent straphold from almost 20 to 5 lbs. as its impossible to cheat.

I request to not to one arm hangs for fear of tearing a rotator cuff.

When I brought up the hangs from the pullup bar, I meant with 2 hands, that is why I suggested BW+100 lbs, sorry I wasn't more specific. I have bad rotator cuffs, so I wouldn't want the 1-handed hangs either.

For bending I would like to see 60d's and Grade 5's. There is a lot of variance among 60d's though. Not sure what the best way to go about that would be.

Guest gripmaster316

Negs or strapholds... whatever which you pick Eric will be fine! Everything is else is great! I will be competing Eric, but just not in the bending portion. I do not like bending as it hurts my wrist. As for the hangs, it sounds interesting but it would be unfair for larger people i.e. my brother with 100 lbs added would be 300, and I would be 350. 100 lbs could not be the universal weight.

Edited by gripmaster316

For a pinch contest I believe the most standard item you can use is dimension lumber, i.e.. 2x4, or2x4's nailed together. Just screw a 50 cent eye hook into the bottom and you have uniform thickness and slickness. And Eric, you can add my name to the list for the next bash.

I am in.

I vote:

v-bar

straphold #1 or #2 for weight, for consistancy a steel fenderwasher of a predetermined size could be used (flat) between the handles.

Bending 60d pure volume for time. 1-hr seems a bit long but maybe 30 minutes and allow pre-wrapping.

strict plate curl 35# for reps back against a wall

Pinch block, lifter picks size and material but must be covered with duct tape, as in prior contest. It would even be fun to have to have it 2-handed on a 3' 2x4 with duct tape.

So far there has been far more interest, and a much bigger response to this online contest than has been the case previously. This of course is a good thing. :rock

Like Ostlund said, there is a pile of variation in 60ds. I liek the idea of doing the bends in time, etc, so how about this:

10 - 60d's, all the same, aquired and mailed out by a volunteer. 10 minute limit, best time for all 10, or most nails if not all bent.

I vote no pre-wrapping. I say that cuz not everyone has 10 bending towels, and if they do, it's a hugely unfair advantage vs. those who don't. If we consider wrapping to be part of bending, I think we could accept that it's bend, wrap, bend, wrap... Again, I say that because I don't have 10 bending towels, and for the people who use the cordura "kevlars" from IM, I bet they don't have 10 either. Just my two cents on that subject.

PS: I'm in this time. I missed the original signups last time.

Edited by CMunger

PS: I'm in this time. I missed the original signups last time.

There's no sign-ups. When I receive your results in my e-mail box I know you're competing. ;):D It doesn't get any easier folks.

Yes, the ineterest this time around is fantastic! Lot's of great ideas, too!

Bring on the 1-arm snatch! Great idea!

-Jedd-

IMO the 1-arm snatch is a bad idea for a grip contest. Some one may have an incredible grip but may have no over head strength. Not only that, but it is a very technical lift and it can take some time to master before you start adding weight to the bar. It may be a recipe for injury? Also...how grip specific is this movement? I know that my grip is still strong when I hit the max weight I can do on these, my body gives before my grip does. Is this really testing my grip?

As far as the axle goes...I dont have one, so I guess I could not compete?

If you are doing an online contest like this one...you have no choice but to pick events that are very common to what most of us have in our home gyms or where ever we workout. Things like grippers, plate pinch, plate curls, bending (if we could all get the same stock?), maybe even a soft ball lift. It would cost maybe $5 to get a softball and a hook to screw into it, so that would be an easily accesible tool.

Just some ramblins'...

Rick Walker :rock

A softball lift would be good for the pinch. Just have to make sure everyone does it right as its easy to get underneath it somewhat especially with larger hands. Nice change of pace from the usuall plate pinch though and cheap!

After reading back over it I would think a softball pinch like above or cut 2x4's would give a level playing field for the pinch. Cant wait to see what is picked should be fun and hopefully a bigger turnout this time around. Also for bending I would go with Jedds stock as that would be even playing field as well.

Austin :rock