Hg 500 !

kyle102887

The gripper must be closed with one hand only. As the handles are 1" diameter, it is tricky to get a good grip, so you can use your other hand to "set" the gripper, to get a better hand position. Any other assistance with the other hand disqualifies

What is their definition of a "set"? Must the gripper be completely open at the start of the close?

No I think it says that you can set it to where you can get your fingers around it so I am guessing basicaly a regular set to 1" apart I gue :whistel ss????

Edited by kyle102887

I thought of about 100 cheesy credit card/set jokes but I won't.

Did anybody notice that it's got a left handed spring?

Yeah I was wondering why it looked kind of weird to me.

The HG's that I have are right hand wound I think.

that sounds good, about the money! the WC should have a bounty on it as well...the first guy to close it get's $5.00 from each board member. anyone interested??? :shifty

that sounds good, about the money! the WC should have a bounty on it as well...the first guy to close it get's $5.00 from each board member. anyone interested??? :shifty

I am up for it lets see 4,000 members times 5 that would be $20,000 even though I can't close it anyone in there right mind would have to try :laugh

Would if have to be a no set? :inno

Hope not or I am scerrrrrrrewd :laugh Aww I am just joking everyone here knows I can't even close a #2 yet I am close but no cigar.

I think the $500 bucks will be safe with Heavy Grip for right now, but you never know sooner or later someone will be able to close it.

Well I hope it is harder than the #4 other wise they can say good by to that $500

Kyle why do you say I hope its harder than a #4? You dont want a gripboard member to get a $500 check?

Kyle why do you say I hope its harder than a #4? You dont want a gripboard member to get a $500 check?

Nope I just think it would be a pretty stupid idea to have a $500 bounty on a gripper that is the same as or easier than the #4. :rock

That's one sick lookin' gripper! I think Dave Morton should give it a try.

Nope I just think it would be a pretty stupid idea to have a $500 bounty on a gripper that is the same as or easier than the #4. :rock

The Emerson knife company will give you a handmade knife if you close a #4. :

THE EMERSON CHALLENGE

Come up to our booth at any knife show and win a free knife. All you have to do is;

Fully close a #3 gripper and win an Emerson production knife.

Fully close a #4 gripper and win a free Emerson handmade custom knife. Valued at up to $3000.00.

This challenge is only available in person at our booth. You have to come to a show where we are attending. It is the only place we offer the challenge.

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

1. The handles have to touch to be closed.

2. Your hand has to be free and clear - not touching any part of your body or any other object.

3. You really have to want one of these knives.

Edited by RSW

I don't think I'll close it as I mentioned before, but I don't think it will be that bad. The spring on the 300 is huge, bigger then my elite yet my elite is much much harder then the 300. So if this spring behaves the same way that will help tremendously. Secondly look how long those handles are. The leverage gained is huge. I wouldn't have thought it would help too much until last week. I tried an elite with long handles like this, after one of my most intense training periods, I slammed it shut . Small set and no chalk. The handles were buried into the spring too.

So if these things apply and they may not I bet some on this board could do it. I'm not nearly as good as others but I will enjoy trying.

• 3 months later...

What's the deal with this ? How close did everyone who tried get to closing it ? :mellow

Edited by Darco

I closed it with a set, but not without one, which disqualifies me from claiming the money. I lack the hand strength to squeeze it shut in a no-set position. I understand it has weakened considerably since it was first made and I got it after it had been seasoned by hundreds of people trying it at conventions and such.

The Emerson knife company will give you a handmade knife if you close a #4. :
THE EMERSON CHALLENGE

Come up to our booth at any knife show and win a free knife. All you have to do is;

Fully close a #3 gripper and win an Emerson production knife.

Fully close a #4 gripper and win a free Emerson handmade custom knife. Valued at up to $3000.00.

This challenge is only available in person at our booth. You have to come to a show where we are attending. It is the only place we offer the challenge.

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

1. The handles have to touch to be closed.

2. Your hand has to be free and clear - not touching any part of your body or any other object.

3. You really have to want one of these knives.

That's IF they can find their #4. :angry:

When I first closed their #3, they couldn't find it for me to try. This year, same thing.

they said on their page that it was being sent to clay.....i bet he crushes it to dust if he tries it when he is well rested.....and as for the thing about the WT bounty...i would damn well pay five bucks to see a video of someone closing it.......wonder if it will ever happen..btw are the WT's still being made?