Pda Thunderball

Patrik_F

I have had a Thunderball for some time now, but I didn't train with it very much before. In the last month that has changed and I really love training with it. The handle spins incredibly well, you can't compare it with the Rolling Thunder handle. The only negative thing about the TB is that it's expensive.

I prefer the 2" diameter handle when I train, but I also have a 2.5" one. The 2" handle feels pretty good in my 7 3/4" hands. It has no knurling but I have added some cloth tape to the handle so I don't have to use as much chalk. My record atm is 3 reps with 85 kgs/187 lbs in plates, not counting the IM loading pin and with both hands. I am quite proud over that since I have improved a lot. My right was much stronger in the beginning but now the left actually feel more solid than the right. Cool...

Who else trains with the TB? What do you think of it? How much have you lifted?

I haven't trained with one but I have decided that the Thunderball is the next grip toy I am going to buy. I decided to buy it over the IM b/c it seems to be much higher quality.

So you think that the handle spins better than the Rolling Thunder?

Trust me, the handle spins much much better than the RT, much smoother and more consistant too. You can't cheat like on the RT and it doens't seem to spin worse and worse with time.

:D Where does one purchase this Thunderball? is there a website you can see it at? Just curious I already have the Rolling Thunder and I am happy with it but always open for something better.

Where does one purchase this Thunderball? is there a website you can see it at? Just curious I already have the Rolling Thunder and I am happy with it but always open for something better.

Go to the top of any page of the Gboard and click on the PDA icon.

PDA sells the Tball

• 2 weeks later...

Am I reading the prices right on this thing? I don't know whether to cry or laugh my ass off.

I believe you are reading right, the price however is the only negative thing about the TB imo. If you are skilled you can attempt to make one yourself. Btw, my record has gone up to 87.5 kgs/192.5 lbs in plates.

Patrik, how much have you done on the RT? 187+ sounds huge on the TB. I don't have one but I have read the specs and debated many, many times whether or not to buy one.

When I first started to train with the TB(2" handle) I compared it with what I could do on the RT. I found that it wasn't much difference at all with what I could lift. Pretty much equal. If I should try the RT now, I can probably lift less than 87.5 kgs for 3 reps because I am used to a 2" handle, but I am sure that I could adapt to the handle pretty quickly and soon be at 87.5 kgs again.

Yes, the handle is bigger on the RT, but it spins much much worse than the TB, there is no turning of the wrist or cheating on the TB at all.

I also forgot to mention that 87.5 kgs was not a max, but a 3 rpm max :tongue

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am new to the grip board.

I have been looking at buying a thick rolling handle like the Rolling Thunder. Right now I do one hand deadlifts with a pin and clip I got from ironmind and a revolving 1" handle.

I have heard that the Rolling Thunder is not very sturdy and the Thunderball from PDA is prohibitively expensive.

Has anyone had any experience using the "Crusher" handles from Fat Bastard Barbell Company. Are these a good alternative to the Thunderball handle?

Thank You,

Bryan

I've also got some 2.5" rolling handles for sale. A description and pictures are on the Selling board. These spin on greased bearings and knock about 35lbs off of my RT poundage.

The RT is made of plastic. I sold mine a long time ago.

Has anyone ever broken a Rolling Thunder?

Has anyone ever broken a piece PVC pipe made to be a homeade RT?

:laugh

Has anyone ever broken a Rolling Thunder?

Its IMPOSSIBLE to break it the way its supposed to be used.

Plastic is very sturdy and CHEAP. ;)

You definitely get what you pay for but the RT will do the job.

You definitely get what you pay for but the RT will do the job.

Yes, it will for sure. I agree.

Bill ,so youre saying that the Rolling Thunder is a great product?

No. But, it will do the job. Even a piece of PVC will do the job. I don't think it's much better than a piece of PVC. And, I agree fully you get what you pay for. Plus, due to the plastic and where you store the thing it will vary all over the place. The surprising contest results and shock of competitors provide insight into this.