Building Strong Wrist And Forearms

f1perez

Once I attaing the level of crushing strength desired, I would like to ask for suggestion on the best wrist developer and strengthener,

From all the info. I have gathered I came up with three exercises.

The first one is sledgehammer levering.

The second is plate curls and plate wrist curls.

The third is the brick lift with just your wrist strength.

I would like to get some input from those that have tried all three and see which is the best for both strength and devolpment.

Would it be overtraining if I incorporated all three exercises in one workout along with wrist rolling as a finisher for the ultimate pump. Please give me some suggestions. Maybe I can split the exercise in two seperate workouts, performing two of the above mentioned exercises per workout finishing with the wrist roller.

I think if your interested in strong forearms the barbell wrist curl would be the way to go. Also some reverse curls and try using a axle or thickbar.

Hi!

I think you would not be overtrained if you train smart - do 2 sessions forearm training per week. I do wrist curls and reverse curls and finish with the wristroller just like you do and my progress is good. I would not recommend to do too many different exercises - you lose the overview about your progress. Use plate curls when the strength of your wrists differs too much. Sledgehammer levering is nice - I take it only as an alternative in my forearmtraining (I never practiced brick lifts). The wristcurl is a great exercise. I'm training since 1991 with weights and I had always problems with wrist- and gripstrength. Since Jan. 2003 I'm training wristcurls 2 times per week and the results convinced me (8 reps with 70kg - I don't have wrists like a tree ;-)).

B.

I usually do regular curls & reverse curls with thick barbell (2 1/2 inch).

This way I could hit my bi's and my wrist at the same time.

Heavy hammer curls seem to build the upper forearm region well to.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been incorporating the hammer curl into my workouts. Make a concerted effort to SLOOOOOOOOW down the negative or lowering phase of the lift. When lowering the dumbell I can see the veins in my forearms almost pop out from nowhere.

My personal fav for forearm work is the standing bb wrist curl with the bar behind you. You can get a wicked conraction out of it, and use heavy weight.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have access to a log try doing log curls. I've been doing these since I saw Svend doing them for reps with 220 lbs in his training video.

Lets not forget Armwrestling of course what other sport or exercise hits the wrists better than Armwrestling. :rock

Edited by kyle102887