My Schedule

Tricklev

Hi im having some thought about my forearm training schedule

heres my schedule

Day1: hole body with heavy basexircises (no forearm)

Day2: forearm

Wrist curl 4x3

Rev wrist curl 4x3

Leveragebarcurl (A) 8x3

Leverage bar curl (B) 8x3

Wrist roller 4 complete windings 1set

leveragebar twist 10x1

Grippers 5sek negativ 3set (cant close my first yet =/ should have got the trainer =/ 4mm to closing it with right though.

Day3:Finger lifts

1-2 set with each finger

ive just started with finger lifts and my worries are, will the finger lifts get in the way of my forearm training?

also im wondering, if the abowe schedule wont work can i then just go by grippers and finger lifts and still get usefll strength for other forearm exercies for example wrist curl etc?

My advice is to whatever you want and see if it works for you. If the program above isn't yeilding any strength change it.

Edited by Matt Van Weele

• 2 weeks later...

For whatever it's worth I use a three day split.

Day 1- Leg day, I also work my frontal abdominals on leg day. I am looking to add an excercise for the anterior tibalias muscle. This is a most neglected muscle on the front of the calf. I have yet to decide as to whether it would be more productive to convince the gym I workout at to purchase a foot flexion machine or whether I should purchase the Ironhorse "ACD" from PDA.

Day 2- Back day, on this day I work my Lats, rear delts, traps, biceps, erector spinae, and oblique muscles. I also do hublifts on this day. I think it's a good chance that I am the only member at my gym that does hublifts. I may be wrong on that point though. I am looking for a good way to add a neck strengthening exercise to this day.

Day 3- Pressing day, the pectorals, frontal and lateral deltoids, triceps and wrist muscles get worked on this day. For the forearms I do both the wrist curl and reverse wrist curl. I am looking to add a pair of exercises to develope the flexor and extensor muscles of the forearm that act in the plane perpendicular to those that act in the standard wrist curl.

I also throw in a random rest day when needed due to illness or schedual issues. This results in working every muscle group twice a week and working out 6ish days a week. Since my schedual varies, the rest day could come at any spot in the three day cycle. To help with recovery I make use of the gym's sauna. I have been trying to get the gym opperator to put a clock inside or visable from inside the sauna to help track usage.