Injury In Hand

stingray

Well if it hurts bad enough take off until it stops hurting:D

A good rule of thumb is to take at least as many days off as you think are nessesary, plus an additional day. Sometimes in the rush to get back into the gym, we get a little over-eagar and restart too soon. If the injury is serious, consult a physician or physical therapist.

Yup, let your grippers rest for a while. Do some active recovery with ball rotations, light extensor work...anything easy that doesn't agro the injury.

you got some sound advice here and i suggest you follow it.

i have an injury in my left for sometime. was feeling better and then started work again on the grippers, albeit, light work at that, and my injury was aggravated again.

now all i do is wrists and pinch - as those are the only things that doesn't affect the nature of my injury.

good luck and stay strong!! :rock

Try wearing mittens to bed... It works wonders.

Before resuming to your regular grip routine you can try sore bought grippers for a few reps to see how your hands feel. That will dictate whether your ready to resume your training.

Take a break until it dosen't hurt anymore, injury is bull****!!

Last year I've injured both wrists by heavy curls.

It took me 6 months to completly heal.

i hope my hand recovers soon, i miss my grippers so much!! should i do light recovery with my squish ball or just let it rest all together?

Edited by stingray

I messed up my right wrist last year and didn't give it a rest and now I think it might be permanently injured, but at least it has gotten a lot better

moral of the story: don't work out with injuries

im wondering when i do get back to KTA, if i should just start over or what?

I had a couple of small injuries or pain serious enough that I wasn't going to risk injury when I started KTA also. I started over at day 1 three times. I feel like that was the way to go because if it is an injury that means you were over doing it. If you start over again it gives your body a better chance to build up and get strong enough to go past the prior injury point.

Slow and steady wins the race.

1. Describe the injury.

2. You might get better KTA injury feedbak if you use the KTA forum.

3. I did something to my right hand long ago so bad that I couldn't move the #1. My grip is so much better than everyone elses, that I slicked my hand beforte doing a set of competitive timed holds against on of the bros. My hand slipped under full strength squeezing and I hurt myself.

It only hurt during crush, so I worked all other aspects of grip. I think it took 3 weeks to come back maybe. You could search on the board for info on it because I have posted about it before.

My advice would be to continue to work the muscles, whether it is full strength in other aspects that don't hurt, or just decreased intensity. That way you will constantly have a new supply of fresh healthy blood getting into the area. Wear gloves at night like Eric says, too...

-Jedd-

I would probably rest it a while and then do some light stuff and see how it feels. Give it some time though if it's a injury. The football coach always said either your hurt or your injured. If your only hurt strap it up.

The way I tell if i'm hurt is when I make backwards progress. In other words I can't do shit compared to before. Aslong as you're getting stronger you might be alright. Just play it safe though

i did 3 singles with both hands with my #1 today. It felt great and didnt aggrivate it at all. tomorrow im gonna do 4, its feeling better though and doesnt aggrivate me at all.