Clay Edgin Certification

Bill Piche

Yes, SF is sending back the gripper and the witness form. I've got the other forms filled out and will email them to you shortly along with the picture.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• Clay Edgin

• JeffPeterson

• Sausage Fingers

congrats

Congrats!! :rock

No problem!

Good Job.

-Jedd-

Wanna i will mail the gripper back mid day 03/01/04 w/ the witness form. how much should i insure the gripper for? is there any other stuff should i have or do? please let me know. i want to do this right. thanks...... :D

Wow......... what can i say about clay. he totally dominated that gripper. he crushed it with "NO" problem. with right and left. he also did a "NO SET" with it but i'm not sure if we got it on Video. my dad and i got there just before 13:00 hours. we all B.S. for a while and then i briefed clay and my dad on what we were going to do. i believe every thing was done according to the rules of the board. i am proud to be given this responsiblity and i take it seriously.

Clay is an soft spoken, extremly strong man. i am telling you that he closed that gripper almost with no effort with his right. he also closed it pretty easly w/ his left. to give you an idea of his strengh level. Clay WARMED up for the cert. useing a #3. awesome!!!!!!! Clay only took the 3 attempts allowed within the time limet. after the Cert. we then played with all of his different weight stuff. Clay has an inch db. he must have picked it up 6 times or more. he also used a w/strap and did a few bent over raws w/ it. very impressive. i was only able to pick that dang inch off of the ground maybe 2or3 inches. his one handed deadlift handle is a must have for me. it is very smooth rolling. he was able to do a one handed dl with his thump positioned straight down. so that his fingers were only basicly on the sides of the handle, not on the bottom. it's kind of hard to explain. maybe Clay can brief the board on this. i think the weight was 150. this feat is extreamly hard do to the fact this handle is running on ball bearings and is very smooth.

Clay was able to close the #4 several times down to 1/32 of an inch. he has an incredably strong sweep.. he worked out yesterday and after all the grip stuff we had been doing, his hands were fried. this is what i contibute the 1/32 to. he has extremly thick and big hands.

We then begain to bend stuff. he was able to bend an yellow nail easily. he also put a nice bend in 220 challenge bar.

clays equip. is great. it is mostly home made and extreamly durable. he has an 3 inch olympic bar that is solid steel. his wrist roller is the best one i have ever seen. it is almost, if not 3 feel long and runs on ball bearing also. all in all the board should be proud to have a person this respectable and strong here.

it was an honor to represent this board and it is an honor to have met clay.......

:bow sorry for the long post. i thought you all would like to hear this. :D

OUT.............Sausage Fingers

Insure it for 50 dollars.

Just watched the video. The only thing I wish is it was better quality and it had no sound. :( At any rate....

He had plenty of power to spare and his hand looked to engulf the gripper! Which is why the low res didn't matter much. You can see how easy it was. The no set looked good from a distance, but was not done with a close up. On his first right hand close, the final closeup was totally washed out, but on the way in you can stop it and see it's clearly shut.

Guys, please please, one of these times someone is going to get a cert turned down due to not capturing it properly on video. In Clay's case, it was so obvious it was shut and when I stopped it, even blurry, it was obviously shut. No one could shut it that easily and not have it closed!

Congrats again to Clay. He'll close the MMG2 and is a contender for the top of the pyramid.

Clay, I didn't get your interview forms yet if you sent them.

Bill, sorry for the poor video. Today was a really "off" day strengthwise otherwise I think I may have been able to hold the gripper shut for longer and get a better closeup. I've been playing with this new wrist roller I've got (the one Sausage Fingers speaks of) now for a couple days and that has really killed my crush! It's made from the same rolling bar setup that my Equalizer handles have, so it's a very smooth roll and addicting.

Thanks for the great write up Matt; sorry I couldn't get that #4 to close for you today. It was a pleasure to meet you and your dad. Congrats again on your weight loss too. We'll definitely get together more often and when you move even closer in a couple weeks we'll get your hand back in top shape too.

Congrats Clay,

I had no doubts nor did anyone else.

:bow

Edited by tmmicklabs

very impressive. i was only able to pick that dang inch off of the ground maybe 2or3 inches.

Great post Sausage.

Congrats Clay.

Perhaps?? lost in such a great report is that Sausage Fingers lifted the INCH replica off the floor himself(if I read the post correctly?)A notable feat :cool ....I guess?at the time AND because of being around Clay -an individual with a GREAT grip- performing multiple grip feats-it may not have seemed like much(I KNOW how that feels ;) ).

However,breaking the INCH replica up off the floor 2-3 inches is notable AND is more than many grip officiandos can do......so congratulations.

IT's MINE !!!!!!!!!!! IT'S MINE!!!!!!!!!!! :whacked LOL just kidding........... :D

Wanna gripper sent mid. day today 03/02/04. i ment to send it out yesterday but i am in the middle of moving my household and it's been CRAZY at my house....... it went out insured express mail. gripper and w/form.......... this responsiblity was an honor. thanks to the board and clay for intrusting me with it....... :rock OUT