Bender's Bag

John Beatty

Ordered all the steel today. did a bit of shopping for the different grade bolts. Found some really nifty timber spikes at Farm & Fleet. Horseshoes at F & F, too. I am going to try a supplier for the horseshoes, as F&F only had 2 kinds. More as I get it done.

Just wanted to voice my support for this great idea John. I wasn't even aware of the soon to be bag of tricks until Weldon brought it to my attention today. One bit of advice that I would add, and most likely you've already considered it, is to try and insure that the stock you choose will be available in the foreseeable future. This would enable us to all make objective comparisons of our performances with your product amongst ourselves, without worry that "my wrench was tougher than your wrench". :D

Edited by EricMilfeld

Guys-

Going to do some more shopping today. Question on bolts - grades? Are they a different hardness? Also on price estimates, no idea yet, depends on how much the steel costs & how much I put in the bags. I'd like to keep them around $45-$50. just depends. What would you guys be willing to spend. Want bigger bags or lower cost? I leave it up to you. Maybe something set at around $40 or so, then the per piece add ons?

Forty dollars seems like a good figure to shoot for. And I like the idea of available add-ons.

I'm not sure if your bolt question pertains to their bending difficulty, but I'll assume it does. Grade 2 is the easiest, followed by grade 5, which is a very difficult bend, which in turn is followed by the super elite grade 8. The common dimension for these hex head bending bolts is 1/4X6". Also, 5" and 5 1/2" grade 5's help bridge the gap to the 6" grade 8, with the 5" grade 5 being very close in difficulty to the grade 8. The steel of the grade 2's seems to have a wider range of hardness than does the steel of the higher level bolts.

$40 sounds like a good starting point to me too!

Edited by macronan

Guys-

Finally got almost all the stuff in. I'll have a list of what's in the bender's bag up today or tomorrow. $42 + ship for the beginners bag - 122-126 pieces in the bag. The advanced bag will be listed soon as I figure out the list of goodies. Sorry for the delay on this & the Blob simulator, but John Maxwell Beatty was born on Fri 2/27/04 & his arrival delayed my website work a bit :D . Already planning little wooden Strongman implements for him.

122 to 126 pieces per bag, wow.

I think I'm going to have some sore wrist for awhile! lol

Can't wait to see this on the website.

W

Guys-

Totaled up the Advanced bag, 134 pieces. Only problem is it will be $60. I just couldn't get it lower & have the variety I wanted. Is this too much? If it is I'll chop some more stuff out of it. The problem is with the square stock. It costs 2-4 times as much as the round. There's a hell of a lot of it on the bag.

Beginner -

80 pieces of round - 7 different diameters/lengths

15 pieces of square 3 sizes/lengths

26 bolts - 5 sizes/lengths

4 timber spikes - 2 lengths

1 horseshoe (for now)

2 wrenches (for now)

ADVANCED[/i]

55 pieces round - 8 sizes/lengths

39 pieces square - 7 sizes/lengths

30 bolts - 4 sizes/lengths

6 timber spikes - 3 lengths

2 horseshoes (for now)

2 wrenches (for now)

Let me know what you think. I should be able to start shipping next week.

Wow. I would love to see some pics of both of these. Do you have some posted anywhere?

Looks like some great selection John. Nicely done

I think it looks great...I'll be purchasing as soon as you let me.

No pics yet, but as soon as I get everything cut up, I'll get a pic up.

The $60 isn't too much on the Advanced bag?

Thanks guys-

John

Based on what you say is in it I don't think it's too much

Beginner's bag list is up. It's $42. I won't know the shipping until I get everything cut & weighed. Hope it gets the juices flowing.

FAT BASTARD BARBELL CO

The beginners bag looks great :rock Is it possible at all for me to just get the round stock only, because most of the other materials I have already.

Looks great John, and congratulations on the newest member of your family :) Let us know when you get photos/info about the Blob simulator up! Keep up the great work, and we're all patient and understanding about your time and new priorities!

Hey John,

Those bags look sweet and i'd be keen to get a beginners bag but i'm not sure if the shipping to Australia would be a bit steep. Can you give me a rough idea of the weight of the bag or a shipping price to Sydney?

Thanks Don

Guys -

Got the Advanced bags up.

Shipping to Australia - don't know. I probably won't have the first bags all cut up & weighed until early next week, as soon as I do, I'll get a quote for you.

All round stock - no problem, I will soon have a per piece order list up, too. I can replace the square with round & did you want the bolts & such replaced, too?

Blob sim pics - today (I hope)

Thanks for the understanding on the delays. Max is keeping us busy, but it's great.

Plus - soon to come FBBC Bender's certifications!

FAT BASTARD BARBELL CO

Yea, could I just get the section with the title round stock only. :D

How bout for individual wrenches and horseshoes? Those are good prices John, thanks for offering these for us!

Looking into bulk for the horseshoes & wrenches, right now you guys can get them as cheap as I can. I've got a line on both, so I'll post as soon as I can.