Just Got My Heavy Bag Up

ianders1

I finally got my heavy bag up at my new place, and had a killer workout. I haven't been able to put it up for almost 2 years, so it really felt great to pound the hell out of it tonight! What a killer workout! Stress release, cardio, shoulders, arms, pecs, etc.

I felt like my hand was really solid, but I definitely need to work harder on my wrist strength.

How many of you guys train on a heavy bag? Do you feel it helps your grip work?

I didn't notice any benefits from hitting mine aside from the added stress to my shoulder and elbow joints. I've found that it negatively impacts some of my other lifts (shoulder and bench presses). I actually only use the speed bag now because of that reason. If I do both soon my joints are very sore and something has got to give.

I know how you feel I didn't have a bag for the whole time I was in the Navy,

but when I got back home It was like, I was Mike Tyson :happy

Thats when I found grip training (in the Navy) and my new found lower arm strenght seem to help out alot.

I also had shoulder trouble on my power cleans although I thought it was from my new job,(or the bag, now that it was mentioned) but none the less it's gone now.