Super

ulgrim

I made my first hex two days ago, it weighs 34 pounds (half a 70). I just hauled it up right handed with 10 pounds strapped on (44lb) to full deadlift, and about a foot off the ground left handed. When I made it I was doing the same, but with no weight strapped on. Since heavier weights are a little wider, I imagine I'll be doing half a 90-95lb hex in a few more days. Hopefully I'll obtain a blob soon so I have something challenging to work towards, I hope to get air under one in the next couple months.

I just felt like sharing since this is a good accomplishment for me and I never would have known about blobs had it not been for the gripboard.

I'm just hoping wider blobs aren't way harder for me and I keep making progress like this heh.

And I know blobs are harder because of their curved sides.

Cool. That's a good pull. If you have 7.75" hands, they will get much harder as they go up in size. For me, my PR's look like this:

70 hex + 12.5 lbs

80 hex + 17.5 lbs

90 hex + 7.5 lbs

I can't even fit my thumb and middle finger across a 100 hex.

Buy bigger block wieghts! You'll never regret it.

Great Job! Block weights are lots of fun!

Cool thanks for the replies.

I think my hands are around 8.0 - 8.5 from tip of the middle finger to the first crease.

Block weights are a lot of fun, my lower arms and thumbs are sore as hell now hehe.

Next time I'm at the store I'll see how big of a dumbell I can fit my hands around and buy the biggest one. Hopefully 90-95 lbs.