Finger Walking

ianders1

I like the idea of finger walking and have gotten a killer workout when I've been able to do it, but everything I've got, 8lb sledge, MDF shelving, etc. is too heavy. What do you guys recommend to start?

Also, I know there's finger walking using plates, but I mean the whole climbing up the handle thing.

The 8lb was too heavy for me also. Try to find a 6lb sledge. On my 6lb I can walk it all the way up, but then I only make it about 1/3 of the way on my second attempt.

The 6lb will give you the same length as the 8lb so you still get a challenging workout. You can use the 4lb also, but it is obviously shorter.

Keep grippin!

Oh, I forgot. I read somewhere that a good finger workout can be had by using two 2x4's. Sandwhich them together and begin working your fingers down. Trying to keep the 2x4's together as you get to the bottom is supposed to be very difficult. I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but it sounds like a good workout.

• 2 weeks later...

Use your sandpaper to roughen the handle - or use some chalk! Don't try the exercise at the end of your griptraining - start with it after warming up!

B.