Forearm Size

Guest Shano_mac

Wells, Give me some time and Ill get you a pic. Dont expect anything drastic with the .5" difference. :happy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stratavarious_connection

• bender

• Tou

• gerryg

Wells, Give me some time and Ill get you a pic. Dont expect anything drastic with the .5" difference.  :happy

Of course not, appreciate the effort as I am 'sincerely'interested in seeing those arms... excuse me those Popeyes!. :)

Edited by wells

I have a theory that there is an ratio among body parts and some structures cannot grow larger unless corresponding structures are proportionately increased.

Interestingly enough this ratio was referred to as the Kanon (canon, "rule" or "measure") in Ancient Greek literature. . .

It seems to be right on target as over the last six weeks I added some heavy bicep work to my routine and put an inch on my arms as well as a half inch on my forearms.

Your right on the money John. Many gym pumpers who try to inflate their bicepts get less than stellar results do to their lack of upper back and shoulder training. Upper back training really increases your pecotral strength too. A great upper back needs to have a good lower back, a good lower back needs good legs and a grip to transfer it's power. It's all about balance, for the same reason extensor training is imperative. The first time I did plate curls, great idea I picked from the board, I could tell my bicept got bigger the next day. Then you get into the whole "indirect effect" big movements like squats and deadlifts can do to your whole body. I guess it comes down to the fact that the body is a unit, not the individual muscles, when it comes to strength.

I guess it comes down to the fact that the body is a unit, not the individual muscles, when it comes to strength.

That's why I personally prefer a functional strength training approach utilizing compound bodyweight exercises! :D

Guest Shano_mac

Im not sure I quite agree with the whole things that your body needs to be balanced in order to grow in some ares yes, like your bicepts will only grow as far as your shoulders will allow them. However take a look at a guy who has been arm wrestling for a good 2 decades, his arms in proportion to his chest and back are quite a bit bigger. Im not sure about forearms but I know that you must train both the top and bottom of your forearm for growth. Im not sure about how much of a role the size of the upper arm has to do with the forearm.

Pascal's forearms look bigger then his upperarms and are probably more dense.

As for grippers adding size to the forearm, from the stuff that ive learned since I first posted. It will add some size, id bet that a person who has never used a gripper befor and they worked there way from a CoC trainer to a CoC #3 and are working towards a #4 theyd probably add an inch. But going froma trainer to a #3 may take years. And wrist curls will add forearm size faster, but there are so many differnt muscles in the forearm to get your biggest gains youd have to work all the muscles and all the tendons for a good decade befor youd be popeye. Hmm I should take a pic of my forearms now and another every year for the next ten years.