Ectomorphic Tactics

Guest youngdurin

Guest youngdurin

OK, I wish that when I started weightlifting I had access to the same data I do now; I could have saved years of effort. Now I want to improve my grip and forearms, so I will use the excellent resources available here on this board. Obviously some very strong dudes here! Anyway, here is the question: What do you think is the most effective routine for improving crushing grip strength and forearm mass for an individual (me) who is naturally very ectomorphic AND who responds best to very high volume and high frequency routines? I do NOT respond to high intensity, low volume, low frequency plans. For the record, I have an approximate 7" distance from middle finger to thumb and a 6.25" tiny wrist. My forearm flexors sit high on the arm, limiting potential considerably. They measure an impressive 13" (joke). I currently own the COC Trainer, which I can close maybe 15 times, and the Number 1, which I can fully close 2-3 reps. My goal is to put an inch on my forearms and to close the Number 3 one day. I do incorporate thick bar curls often, and I do NOT use straps at any time.

Thanks in advance!

Forearm size and grip strength aren't directly related.

Check out KTA. You'll like what you see.

Go to the Faq section. There is a thread on gaining forearm size.

-HH

• 1 month later...

Hammerhead is right. The two are not related. I just train for strength and try to stay lean. I do get some size - and a lot of definition - but it's strength I get most of. And as far as I'm concerned, that's where it's at.

I just train hard, train often, rest when I have too, and it all comes together. I do a lot of rep AND sets with as heavy as weight as I can for the prescribed reps (and negs). Then I do meg-sets. When I need to rest, I do.

Check out Joe Kinney's tape for the gripping, or the KTA book.. I use Joe Kinney's

method's and they are working great. Others use KTA. Whatever work's for you.

Sixgun