2" Lockouts

Strong Man

I find lockouts way more fun then doing deadlifts, and i saw Chris James lockout of like 100, 1200lbs on a 2" which is awsome I have not yet maxed out on this lift yet only at 645lbs. I was wondering if there is an offically record on this lift? :whistel

sorry i meant chris James can do around 1000-1200lbs :blush:blush

haha, it appears that no one know what you're talking about Strong Man. That sucks. Try messaging wannagrip or something. (BTW, I can only do about 200 so GOOD FOR YOU!)

Oh, well I'd asume most powerlifters and thick bar people would, my bad, but people who don't know what a lock is heres a pic of chris james

aap

PS: hope you don't mind Chris

Brett you can do a lot more than that man, I'd say you could do around 350+

Strong man

how much do you weigh? to able to pull that much?

JasonL

I only weigh 200lbs so i wouldn't think that you'd have to be that heavy.

Anyone notice that on Chris James' picture of his lockout, his thumbs are not assisting the lift? They appear to be on the same side of the bar as his fingers. I would imagine this would make the lift even more obscene than it already is. Awesome strength display!

It's called a scoop grip. People I have talked to that do this say it's easier. I don't know, just what I hear.......

Either way it's still very very impressive.

Thanks for the clarification Heath. I've honestly never heard of that. I have of course seen it (thumbless grip) used on RT.

On a thick bar a scoop grip may well help you to lift heavier poundages depending on your wrist strength.

On a two-inch bar, Chris may well hold the record.

yea i hate the scoop grip anyways, thats why i don't do it.

Hey boys just to keep updated on my progress with 2" lockouts, I'm now at 765lbs :rock:rock:rock

Lockouts are my favortie too. I weight 159pds and pull 680pds as of right now.

JasonL

Strongman : Have you ever tried lockouts from the floor using eagle loops. Just put the loops on the bar and lift it from the floor, its a limited range of motion like a lockout and one can pull more weight, awesome stuff..

Strongman : Have you ever tried lockouts from the floor using eagle loops. Just put the loops on the bar and lift it from the floor, its a limited range of motion like a lockout and one can pull more weight, awesome stuff..

Naw i can't we don't have any eagle loops here, sounds fun though :rock

Holy Shit! I just looked at the pic, 1025 lbs on a 2.5 inch bar. That's insane!!

That's 500+ lbs on each hand, what, can he lift 2 inch dumbbells with one hand at the same time?

I can't imagine the pain I would be in if I even could lockout 500 lbs on a 2.5 inch bar. I can tell you 500 lbs wouldn't go anywhere for me at that thickness. :dry

I have done a partial dead with 675 lbs for 4 reps but on a regular power bar. 2.5 inches, jeezzz! :blink

765lbs!!!! :rock

You're gonna have to get a longer bar to fit all the plates on by the end of this year !!!

Jon@han

:rock:rock lol ya we really just need to get more 45s we only have like 10, i had to start using all our 35s and 25s :blush

When you say lockout, do you mean lifting the bar 1" to lockout or from just above the knee the full lockout?

I lift the same as Richard in this pic

big lockout

One arm Lockouts and Behind Back Lockouts are great too :)))))

JasonL

I made it up to 785lbs, we got it on film to.