Something Better..

leatherface

I've read some training journals and i read these posts all the time but, im not finding exactly what i want. Im just curious what kind of grip training would be good for me, because im nto sure if what im doing now is good, or what is better. A couple usual grip workouts for me would look something like this

filed #1, wait 90 secs, negative #2 ... repeat that 2 times

55blob, timed holds 2 sets

another day

#2 negatives, 4 sets

Hub Pinch hold , 2 timed sets

Plate Pinch, 1 timed hold

usuall they are something along those lines, i usually do the CoC's, hub pinches and blob holds. So are those workouts alright or should I try something else? :)

leatherface - It really depends on what your goals are. If you are training to lift the blob timed holds on your 55 (i assume thats a 27.5) probably aren't going to help you out as much as getting a heavier blob or tying weight to your 55 and just go for deadlift singles. But overall i'd say as long as you are making fairly consistent progress then your program is fine. One of the biggest mistakes trainee's (not just grip) make is searching for that "magic routine" that is going to be the secret to their muscle and might. In reality as long as you are working hard and making progress on the exercises you are doing that is what matters. And when you stagnate start experimenting with increased frequency, decreased frequency, change up the order of the exercises you do etc...etc..

Thanks man!

I don't really have specific grip goals just yet, i Just want to become alot stronger in all aspects, right now focusing on crushing pinching and blob. I'm not really looking for a magic routine, ive been training(not grip though) for a long while, so i understand what your saying, I just wasn't sure how to go about grip training. Maybe certain reps/sets worked better than others, or maybe i should only focus on one aspect of grip one day, and another on another. :)

Thanks again!!!!