Right And Left Hand Different Levels

ohioliftr

Today during training I was doing plate pinchs and I could do 5-10lb pinch with my left but barely broke off the floor with my right.

I am right handed.

Then I went to 2-35lb plates and I could pull with my right but barely off the floor with my left. :unsure Just wondering if any one else had this mixup???

My right is stronger all around than my left and I have been doing some extra with my left.

Just caught me by suprise today :ohmy

OK I dident know this was a common thing......

It just took me by suprise.....

Sorry i posted this in the wrong section :blush

Here's a topic I've been pondering also, and I think I have an answer.

If our right is the dominant hand, we have much more strength with it, but we also have greater dexterity and control. Then, when we grab an item with the right, we have very many levels of force to use while lifting it. When this comes to grip training, I believe we need to give a "percieved" level of force, much greater with the right hand due to it's dexterious nature.

On the other hand ( :) ) our non-dominant hand is "dumb", and really only has two levels, on and off. I beleive that we can exert more force with the non-dominant hand with a lesser "percieved" ammount of force.

This would make heavy simple movements easier, such as pinching, but wouldn't be the same for a technique movement like grippers.

Any flaws with that?

That sounds good to me.

I'm left handed. Using the grippers, my left is stronger. But with the block weights

my right is stronger.

T!

My hands jump all over the place.

Crushing wise my right s usually dominate by a little-but on some days the left is better.

Thin (plate) pinch- again my right is dominate

Thick pinch- hands are almost even

Thick bar- my left blows my right out of the water!

Rick Walker :rock

Bender,

That theory sounds good. With my right I can get close to doing something - "nearly there" - but with my left it either gets done or I am blown out of the water. There is no feeling of "nearly" being able to do something.

On a personal note I have a old tendon injury in my left hand that sometimes flares up that makes things even harder to predict.

Edited by The Mac

I totally stick with Bender's theory, I am in the same situation, right handed and much stronger (altrough no way near a monster yet) in basic lifts with my left hand. My progression on the grippers has been much faster with my left hand (less than a month and a half between the close of the T and the close of #2 COC), wich seems to underline that to...

I could already be certified if only I had stopped using my hands when I started walking...

My hands jump all over the place.

Crushing wise my right s usually dominate by a little-but on some days the left is better.

Thin (plate) pinch- again my right is dominate

Thick pinch- hands are almost even

Thick bar- my left blows my right out of the water!

Rick Walker :rock

Interesting. I'm nearly the same way.

Grippers and narrow pinch = My right is quite dominant

Wide pinch = hands are almost even

Thick Bar = my left blows my right out of the water

That thick bar thing confuses me every time. Struggle to do a 2.8" one-handed dead lift with the right, and then after, the weight pops right up with the Left. That's really a weird feeling.

Yeah same here... I'm right handed and my crush is way stronger with my right. But when it comes to block weights my left is consistantly stronger. Oddly again though my right is stronger than left on the Rolling Thunder. Really strange.

i'm right handed.

for crush, my right hand totally dominates. no contest at all.

for pinch, both hands are about the same.

thick bar, left is slightly stronger....

stay strong! :rock

I still can't close a #3 with my left hand. That's because for some odd reason I can't set it in my left hand like I can in my right.... so if I'm going to do it left-handed, it will be a "no set" close (and it looks like that will happen soon!).

• 1 month later...

A rather well known bodybuilder who's first name is Arnold, durring his prime competition years had a left are that measured larger and was visably bigger than his right one. The governor is right handed.