Grip Routine With Limited Equipment

AndyKnight

As part of my college course we MUST attend 4 hours of "gym" a week - but i wouldn't exactly call it a gym due to the extreme lack of equipment available.

There is:

*A chinning bar

*Crappy Chrome Dumbells which go up to about 10kg

*Some plates

and various other machines and what have you, but they aren't worth mentioning.

So with the above equipment, how does this grip routine look:

Monday:

3x8-10 Reverse Plate Curls

(Some other exercise here - HELP!)

3xTimed Plate Pinches

Friday:

3x8-10 plate curls

(Some other exercise here - HELP!)

3xTimed Hangs from a chinning bar

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

You could imprvise some sort of bar hold for time. Like loading a seated cable row as heavy as possible and holding the handle for time. You could also pick up the dumbells by the end ( stand dumbell on end. palm of hand on end of dumbell.) They aren't real heavy, but you could see how long you can hold them. The rest looks good. Altho' I would do regular plate curls rather than reverse plate curls.

Plate wrist curls are a must I think. Also, bring in a towel and do towle chins or hangs from the chin-up bar.

MOHS stuff, like plate pinches with 1-2 fingers, plate levers, perhaps one-handed hangs from chinning bar for variety.

Bring in a beach towel, or wash cloths, wrap them around the barbells and dumbells to make it a thick bar. You might want to use tape to keep it from unwrapping. You can also apply this to your plate curls and pinch holds for a wider grip.

Try haning on the chin up bar with one or two fingers per hand.

And you might consider changing up your routine and just really hammering your midsection during this time slot and do your grip later. Or bring your grippers, cards, nails, etc in a small gym bag with some chalk. Thats what I did in gym. I brought a log and thick db handles and stored em with the janitor :) If you ask nicely people will let you have their daughter....ok, maybe not that far but you know what I mean. Good luck. Bring some 2' long pieces of 1" rope and loop over the chin bar and do chins til you can't do anymore then just hang til you cant. Your fingers will hurt after that. Can do same with towels.

1) finger tip push-ups or train to get there

2) plate wrist curls

3) pinching plates

4) handstands->handstand push-ups-> finger tip handstand push-ups

5) abs (like Mike P said)

6) towel hols/chin/pull-ups

7) bring a sturdy thick piece of rope and tie it to a bunch of dbs or plates and use your imagination (rows, curls...)

8) bring pliers and belt wrap belt through the plates and work your crush

9) try bending the pull-up bar is great too!!!

many other things...