Little Grip Meet In Switzerland

the swiss

Hi, just a little report on a friendly grip meet held on saturday at my place.

Participants were Amaury (most of you know him now), Yoann Brigante (competitor at the swiss grip comp pics who has been training grippers and bending now seriously for one month), and I.

The aim was to try the europeans events. Unfortunately, Amaury injured his back the week before, so he didn't really try the vertical bar and one hand lift.

Yoann and I did attempt them though. For me the aim was to try to do all these in the right order and in one workout.

grippers:

Yoann closed a #2 with both hands.

Amaury closed a #3 righty, and a super master lefty.

I closed a #3 both hands. tried Amaury's hard #3, but no luck.

pinching:

here we decided to use my loadable blob, and got:

Yoann:14kg

Amaury:20kg righty and 19kg lefty (PR)

Felix (#2 in the swiss grip comp who briefly joined us) 20kg both hands (PR)

Me 21kg both hands (PR). 21.5 to knee height lefty.

vertical bar:

Yoann did 115kg on his first try, only one month of grip training. very impressive.

125kg both hands for me.

One hand lift:

Yoann did 145kg both hands

HUGE PR for me: 210kg both hands (previous best was 195!!)

bending:

Amaury made a great display of chestcrush strength, by bending a 7mm which we tested later on at more than 200kg (meaning we tested it with 200kg and it bent only about 45 degrees). PR

I gave my everything, loudly gritting my teeth, bruising my hands, hurt my index fingers, but after a good initial bend, I was unable to chest crush it (and believe me, I tried). Amaury even finished humiliating me by finishing off my nail

:tongue . next time. He did give me a useful tip on chest crushing which I will try soon.

At that point I was exhausted.

Yoann bent some 110kg nails. still working on technique though.

we then finished ourselves with some plate curls, thick handled bar lifting (nothing special given our energy), and even military pressing (with a PR for me, incredibly).

a great day.

I'm all pain in the back and hands

david

ps: oh and don't expect any cool pics, as Yoann is the WORST photographer I know!!! (nothing like a flash to help you concentrate when you haven't started lifting the weight yet)

Edited by the swiss

David is a really impressive athlete : what he does not only gripwise but with weights in general is really great for a 168lber (particularly when you know that he has been training with weights for only a few monthes !).

It was an inspiring day for me. Thanks to you and your wife David, and thanks also to Yoann for the Swiss chocolate :D

It was a great day indeed !

Amaury.

Sounds like heaps of fun :cool

I might organise a "Grip meet" at my place.

Started bending nails at my friends 21st party 2 days ago, made $30 :mosher

( people make stupid bets when they are drunk)

Ray

Nice report, David, of what seems to have been a great get together. You all posted some impressive numbers!

And that's a very sharp website Amaury. Do you plan on having a go with any of the Challenge Bars?

Sounds like lots of fun!

Eric : thanks ! We were supposed to try the challenge bars David had ordered but he hadn't received it yet ;) I plan to try them ASAP !

David: i had the occasion to read some editions of Iron Grip this week-end at David's. Your mag is really awesome and inspiring ! I'll certainly join the club of Iron Grip readers very soon :bow

Amaury,

Glad you liked them.

August will be a great time when we all meet up in Sweden.

Keep training hard.

David

It was a very exhauting week-end indeed, but i've been particularly amazed (one again) by David's PR, considering his weight and the efforts he maid through the day! His Military Press PR was really impressive!

Amaury impressed me a lot to, especially with his bending skills, and his strong mental towards food (he almost ate nothing, wich was at least as hard as overcrushing the #3 I suppose). Fortunately, the forearms newbie humiliated him on the V-Bat Lift :shifty ...

By the Way, great mag David H.! Maybe I should consider reading a gripping magazine from now on :mosher !

PS: Sorry for the pics, my camera seems to hate the Swiss!