Hand Strength

lattermunch

I hate to say it but it has to be said. If you want to get your hand better for armwrestling then armwrestle. The human hand is so complex and it do do a million different things on the table and nothing out there can simulate a real human hand. Getting on the table is what will help you best.

• 3 weeks later...

I like thick bar wrist curls and levering for my wrists and forearms. I work my thumbs with pony clamps or telegragh type equipment. Try pinching the heaviest plates together you can then pass them around your body.

I hate to say it but it has to be said. If you want to get your hand better for armwrestling then armwrestle. The human hand is so complex and it do do a million different things on the table and nothing out there can simulate a real human hand. Getting on the table is what will help you best.

I have to agree. What I've noticed is that when I pull someone that knows how to armwrestle, all of those plate curls and hammer curls I did in the gym don't mean as much. It is when I'm pulling some frat tough guy or hometown hero that I can tell that I have a huge advantage from the plate curls and hammer curls. It is probably because the person that knows how to armwrestle does the same things, thus negating my edge, or has the technique to counter my strength.

I guess Brzenk doesn't do a whole lot of huge gripping feats but according to a pole taken in M I L O by arm benders about who had the strongest hand he came in first. So I guess if you want a strong grip in armwrestling armwrestle.

This might be a bit astray, but put a heavy spring with a handle through a hole in a bench. This is one thing George Jowett advised and he was a "king of arm wrestling" in his day. Check out his publications on grip training. For example: "Molding A Mighty Grip", which can be obtained for about ten bucks at,

http://www.superstrengthbooks.com/products2.html

(This is just a lead,,, I have no commercial connection with these folks.)

This might be a bit astray, but put a heavy spring with a handle through a hole in a bench. This is one thing George Jowett advised and he was a "king of arm wrestling" in his day. Check out his publications on grip training. For example: "Molding A Mighty Grip", which can be obtained for about ten bucks at,

http://www.superstrengthbooks.com/products2.html

(This is just a lead,,, I have no commercial connection with these folks.)

Silly fool, he should try doing some grip work with some anvils if he's serious about handstrength. :D