Most Over Rated And Under Rated

Cunny

I think sledge hammer levering is VERY underrated and suprisingly not discussed very often.

Its a very'old school'challenge,easy to practice,impressive to watch,and a great wrist strengthener.

Its a feat of strength thats been around forever and is REAL world strength...Something that can be done at a job site or at a party and folks will identify with the toughness of the feat.............Yet most people would rather squeeze their grippers than try levering- or work at it?I'd say the grippers over rated and sledge levering underrated.I'll even go as far as saying-and i've had this reaction-when you 'set' a gripper in front of the uninitiated?they almost think its a trick as you close it.However?Can't trick the sledge from knocking your teeth out.........

20 # sledge-old school....

Another use for the IM HEAVY hammer II.......

I think a good 'konk'on the nose will improve most of your looks,maybe loose a few a few teeth? :rolleyes chicks dig it.

Underrated- Reverse curl with thick handled barbell.

Overrated- Tearing phonebooks and card decks, both of these are impresive feets of strength but as training exercises there are better options.

Neither of the above- The Ivanko Super Gripper, this is a tool that has earned its reputation. It allows for true progressive training with quantifiable increases in resistance. If you only have the cash for one grip training tool, get this one.

Overrated - grippers

Underrated - heavy thick bar lifts, heavy blob work, and deadlifting the Inch to waist-height! :yikes

Underrated: Thick bar work. Using a thumbless grip for back work like pull ups rows etc. (my forearms will often cramp up a few hours after the back workout). Hardy handshake negatives, farmer walks.

Overrated: Grippers (very easy to overtrain)

Over - Grippers, but great to use.

Under - Work with blobs and thick bar lifting.