Londonjoseph

It seems now there has been a change to the roster, as you can see here-

Screenshot_20240410-183051.png

Screenshot_20240411-140404.thumb.png.89dc8e6d33558eb5d9bbb812d5db5195.png

Edited by Londonjoseph
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I googled it and know what you are trying to point out, but you posted the same pic twice. 

2 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

I googled it and know what you are trying to point out, but you posted the same pic twice. 

I edited it. Thank you

I see what’s missing and I wish I had more context ….

4 minutes ago, Gabriel Tallent said:

I see what’s missing and I wish I had more context ….

I'm assuming the person removed is gone because he was using his thigh to assist with the lift on the rolling thunder. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don’t think there is any reason to be coy. Looks like @C8Myotome was removed. He’s a valued community member and has earned some respect. Right now, we don’t know what happened, possibly he requested to be removed? He trains hard and is getting stronger all the time so my feeling is he could knock out a re-cert whenever he wanted. I hope he gets back up there :cool

Uplift and lift heavy. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I don’t think there is any reason to be coy. Looks like @C8Myotome was removed. He’s a valued community member and has earned some respect. Right now, we don’t know what happened, possibly he requested to be removed? He trains hard and is getting stronger all the time so my feeling is he could knock out a re-cert whenever he wanted. I hope he gets back up there :cool

Uplift and lift heavy. 

@Londonjoseph you forgot to say nanny nanny boo boo. I'm heavily invested in preparing for the 3.5 cert, and I don't care about armlifting, I don't train it or pay any attention to it. The reasons anything happened isn't anyone's business, you'll need to find something else to whine about now. Maybe eventually I'll get around to re-doing this cert when I don't have much going on; at the moment it's not even on my radar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, C8Myotome said:

@Londonjoseph you forgot to say nanny nanny boo boo. I'm heavily invested in preparing for the 3.5 cert, and I don't care about armlifting, I don't train it or pay any attention to it. The reasons anything happened isn't anyone's business, you'll need to find something else to whine about now. Maybe eventually I'll get around to re-doing this cert when I don't have much going on; at the moment it's not even on my radar.

That's fine and good. All I know is a certification that was not legitimate has been removed, and rightfully so.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Uplift and lift heavy. 

This x1000

should be on a banner on this forum somewhere 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Londonjoseph said:

That's fine and good. All I know is a certification that was not legitimate has been removed, and rightfully so.

If that's what Ironmind wants that's fine with me, it's their cert to judge, and I was only going by what they had initially told me. If they decided it wasn't legit I'm fine with that, although I would have preferred they never passed it in that place.

If I get around to re-doing it I will probably stand on something to get like 6-8 inches higher and have the handle start at my knee so there is no question about leg contact. It does not make sense that they make everyone use a 15" pin regardless of height. Yves is 2 inches shorter than me and his lift looks like pure lumbar extension and I don't want to lift 200 lbs like that.

They would not allow me to use a shorter pin to be able to get adequate leg drive via quads, and with the handle inches from crotch height before even bending the knee, there was incidental leg contact no matter how I placed my feet. I don't think 45's are enough to make a height difference, if someone knows of an object 6-8 inches that work better feel free to message me; I am not an armlifter so I don't pay attention to this kind of training, although I probably won't get around to this for a while as I am not losing focus on the 3.5 cert.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

If that's what Ironmind wants that's fine with me, it's their cert to judge, and I was only going by what they had initially told me. If they decided it wasn't legit I'm fine with that, although I would have preferred they never passed it in that place.

If I get around to re-doing it I will probably stand on something to get like 6-8 inches higher and have the handle start at my knee so there is no question about leg contact. It does not make sense that they make everyone use a 15" pin regardless of height. Yves is 2 inches shorter than me and his lift looks like pure lumbar extension and I don't want to lift 200 lbs like that.

They would not allow me to use a shorter pin to be able to get adequate leg drive via quads, and with the handle inches from crotch height before even bending the knee, there was incidental leg contact no matter how I placed my feet. I don't think 45's are enough to make a height difference, if someone knows of an object 6-8 inches that work better feel free to message me; I am not an armlifter so I don't pay attention to this kind of training, although I probably won't get around to this for a while as I am not losing focus on the 3.5 cert.

If you do the cert correctly next time, I'll definitely applaud you :)

• Haha 1

If anyone is wondering what was questionable about the certification, I have screenshots of the cert that show the problem. The only reason I have it here is because the video in question isn't available on YouTube. It's a matter of the rolling thunder being shoved between the thigh and crotch, from start to finish. 

No amount of "biomechanics" or other gobbledegook changes the rules, which clearly state-

"Any contact between the lifter's hand and the non-revolving portion of the handle disqualifies the lift; and other than incidental contact, the hand or Rolling Thunder handle must not touch the body before the lift is completed—dragging the hand or handle up the leg is cause for an immediate 'No lift.' "

Screenshot_20240410-173149.png

Screenshot_20240410-173220.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

"biomechanics" or other gobbledegook

The fact you use these words interchangeably shows how little you know what you're talking about and exactly why I'm not going to waste my time discussing this any further with you

• Haha 1

Just now, C8Myotome said:

The fact you use these words interchangeably shows how little you know what you're talking about and exactly why I'm not going to waste my time discussing this any further with you

That's fine, we both know why the certification was removed! 

• Like 1

image.gif.c30aae205855e347ac5bdb2c381368d3.gifimage.gif.e687922f44f2c928ed397753f2402ec3.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

image.gif.c30aae205855e347ac5bdb2c381368d3.gifimage.gif.e687922f44f2c928ed397753f2402ec3.gif

That's funny, if this thread was about anyone else it would 40 pages long 🙄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

If anyone is wondering what was questionable about the certification, I have screenshots of the cert that show the problem. The only reason I have it here is because the video in question isn't available on YouTube. It's a matter of the rolling thunder being shoved between the thigh and crotch, from start to finish. 

No amount of "biomechanics" or other gobbledegook changes the rules, which clearly state-

"Any contact between the lifter's hand and the non-revolving portion of the handle disqualifies the lift; and other than incidental contact, the hand or Rolling Thunder handle must not touch the body before the lift is completed—dragging the hand or handle up the leg is cause for an immediate 'No lift.' "

Screenshot_20240410-173149.png

Screenshot_20240410-173220.png

maybe pronate the hand to lift palm facing…could you have done that Derek …I lift that way to avoid any biceps injuries.

Edited by slazbob
Misspelling

I prefer the term “hips that grip”

But @C8Myotome has put the time in and then some and is legit. Good enough for me.

I had lost interest in the Crushed to Dust cert precisely because this lift was allowed, I'm glad they've fixed this and that I can once again sleep sound in the knowledge that I understand the rules of the event and the simplest of biomechanics.

image.thumb.png.5d50af4eae1eafa7b1e196a43691b8df.png

Stackable deadlift blocks or plyoboxes will help you do a deficit lift.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, glenn_the_hunter said:

That's funny, if this thread was about anyone else it would 40 pages long 🙄

I agree. Apparently it's ok to make nonstop memes about tiziano. 

And one thread here gets a select few people butthurt because the guy is "proved" "works hard" and "he really tries" lol. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

I agree. Apparently it's ok to make nonstop memes about tiziano. 

And one thread here gets a select few people butthurt because the guy is "proved" "works hard" and "he really tries" lol. 

While I agree in holding people and certifications to high standards and that this should not have passed in the first place, making an apples to apples comparison between this and Tiziano knowingly cheating by tampering with equipment and faking feats is at least a bit disingenuous. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

While I agree in holding people and certifications to high standards and that this should not have passed in the first place, making an apples to apples comparison between this and Tiziano knowingly cheating by tampering with equipment and faking feats is at least a bit disingenuous. 

That's quite fair, I'll agree to that. 

However, no more thigh boosting. And no more more biomechanics boasting ;). 

I've said my piece. 

• Like 1

I know @C8Myotome worked his butt off, and he can lift this weight.  He just needs to figure out the technical piece to keep it completely off his leg.  Perhaps he brought the dunking and drama on himself, but this thread reeks of pettiness.  That said, I'm glad both he and @Londonjoseph are here in the community.

I wouldn't want to be in Ironmind's position.  It seems certs are riding on the wind, whichever way it blows.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1