MashMonster Certification Grippers and their REAL ratings!

Alex K

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I have no inside information at all (I assume from your comment that you have at least some inside info)--but based on the fact that only Alex has posted his ratings, I was already assuming that most of the grippers (and all of the original ones, which are of the most interest to us all) were bought by one person who has chosen not to publicize the ratings.

Being the only one knowing what ratings are out there will probably give leverage to reselling them for whatever profit at some point, people usually go crazy for increment of 5 or 10 lb grippers compared to other numbers for example anyways, I'm not expecting anyone else to share anything nor do I really care.

The grippers were heavy, more news at 7

27 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I have no inside information at all (I assume from your comment that you have at least some inside info)--but based on the fact that only Alex has posted his ratings, I was already assuming that most of the grippers (and all of the original ones, which are of the most interest to us all) were bought by one person who has chosen not to publicize the ratings.

They weren't even rated, to my knowledge.

I'm biased because I got to close seven of them, but I prefer the true resistance of the originals to be left unknown.  The only knowledge about them is now arcane and limited to the memory of those who got their hands on them.

• Like 1

My plan, had I won them all (yeah i put in a bid for 1 - 10) was to keep them unrated, and to keep the list alive by allowing people to still try them by appointment, or at comps at Jedd's gym.  But, I didn't win, despite bidding more than I wanted to, lol :(  Hoping they see the light of day again, who knows...

• Like 2

You might be correct, it could be that most of the other lots were purchased by one entity, not wishing to share the ratings or the fact that they got them even. We will see if anything comes up. If not, I'll probably close this thread, since it doesn't really make much sense to only have it contain the three ratings I have shared :D

• Like 2

Alex G (FeatsofAlex on IG) and me went in on lots 1-10 together and won. He got the original 1-10 and I got the back ups for 1-6 and 9. 

I got mine rated which ended up being  pretty surprising 

MM1-154

MM2- 161 

MM3- 179

MM4-173

MM5-169

MM6-173

MM9-223

Alex opted not to get his rated and at first I disagreed with this decision but now I get it and am happy he didn't.  

20240302_122212.jpg

20240302_125741.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, stranger said:

Alex G (FeatsofAlex on IG) and me went in on lots 1-10 together and won. He got the original 1-10 and I got the back ups for 1-6 and 9. 

MM1-154

MM2- 161 

MM3- 179

MM4-173

MM5-169

MM6-173

MM9-223

Alex opted not to get his rated and at first I disagreed with this decision but now I get it and am happy he didn't.  

20240302_122212.jpg

20240302_125741.jpg

Wow!  I had no idea, and I am glad you were in on this.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Wow!  I had no idea, and I am glad you were in on this.

It was hard to keep the secret while reading this thread lol. 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Since this is basically everything to know at this time, I‘d say we got the infos we wanted!
The originals remained unrated which is a fair decision, and I am glad that all of the 20 MMs are whey they belong! 🥳

Thank you very much Chaz @stranger for sharing the infos! 

Edited by Alex K
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, stranger said:

MM1-154

MM2- 161 

MM3- 179

MM4-173

MM5-169

MM6-173

MM9-223

20240302_122212.jpg

20240302_125741.jpg

Edit, the MM9 is 233 not 223

• Like 5

Yes, like Chaz said, we won Lots 1-10!!! I didn’t get the certification grippers rated, so the mystery lives on!

Sorry for the delayed announcement, but we were waiting until Chaz could come to my place for the hand off of the backup grippers to unveil all of them at once (outside of a miniscule amount of people I couldn’t help but telling😂).

They have a slightly nicer storage setup than my other grippers, but they’re far from locked away in gripper retirement. When Chaz was here I closed the MM1 and came within a micrometer of the MM2 (and CCS’d the 10, literally just setting it to Costco card width 🤣)! I was super psyched to get a good close in front of the homie, and there’ll be much more fun with them to come!!!

FE421BCD-8C35-4115-8D1D-271915B6555E.jpeg

10CB650F-A68C-4C66-8643-1F489B1A1089.jpeg

IMG_8896.jpeg

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, featsofalex said:

but they’re far from locked away in gripper retirement.

29 minutes ago, featsofalex said:

there’ll be much more fun with them to come!!!

Awesome stuff. I'm so glad they went to you guys and aren't just locked away somewhere. 

Which one has that double-pinned handle?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Awesome stuff. I'm so glad they went to you guys and aren't just locked away somewhere. 

Which one has that double-pinned handle?

Thanks! Yeah we were so stoked to get them!!!

It’s the certification 9 that has the double pinned handle. Interestingly, the crazy 233 rgc backup 9 has the normal pinning style.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, featsofalex said:

Thanks! Yeah we were so stoked to get them!!!

It’s the certification 9 that has the double pinned handle. Interestingly, the crazy 233 rgc backup 9 has the normal pinning style.

All of the little one-off and quirky details just add to the cool factor. 

Edited by DoctorOfCrush
  • Like 2

How cool to have a little bit of Grip history, I bid on them but did not win. It is nice to see they aren’t locked a away and gone forever.

• Like 3

All right all right I'll train grippers again and come visit to see how many of them I can close :D

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

All right all right I'll train grippers again and come visit to see how many of them I can close :D

And if you ever miss one you switch to Silver Bullet and keep going!!!

• Like 4

The gripper every Mash Monster has closed and the gripper no Mash Monster has closed … yet!!!

IMG_8933.jpeg

• Like 6