My partial Ironmind collection, rated by Cannon

degradated

I just got my grippers back in the mail and they look awesome! Matt has great customer service and the turnaround time wasn't bad either. Here's a plaque that I made a long time ago to hold 12 grippers, though I have a few more that won't fit...

Judging by the ratings, I have a nice spread from 66 up to 208. The filed ones are awesome too, very well done. They are all mostly from 2008-09. I also got a special #3 rated at a super low 135. 😱

👍🏻20240218_105116.thumb.jpg.df2188e8daccac1cff9b776e85973668.jpg

• Like 19

That's a great looking collection!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Carney said:

That's a great looking collection!

Much appreciated, Douglas!

I also have a similar GHP plaque, it's just not filled up yet. 🙂

• Like 2

Supper nice display. Post a picture of your GHP plaque. I would like to see it.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Supper nice display. Post a picture of your GHP plaque. I would like to see it.

Thanks John! Ok, I still have one coming in the mail from Canada (GHP7 v.1 RGC 143), but here's the others. I need to rate a few of 'em. The tags are color matched to the handles. There's 9 slots, should I ever get so lucky. 😁

20240218_183316.thumb.jpg.e0b60d10e0452360f3c8a8b645fa9089.jpg

• Like 11

Looking good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's an updated GHP pic, also with all my v.1s stacked up. Thanks a ton to @IzzyGrasp@bdckr@Jared P for helping me acquire the 2, 3 and 7.

Awesome service from Howard (bdckr), the shipment from Canada came through safely and he's a pleasure to deal with. Same goes for Izzy (IzzyGrasp), made a smooth transaction on eBay. Jared P was cool enough to refer me to en eBay listing since he already had that model in his collection.

20240220_174206.thumb.jpg.5d1a30a584af3a4e94f85f3d026c4f1f.jpg20240220_173457.thumb.jpg.d476bc878fc941e9400ee69dfc01d481.jpg

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, degradated said:

Here's an updated GHP pic, also with all my v.1s stacked up. Thanks a ton to @IzzyGrasp@bdckr@Jared P for helping me acquire the 2, 3 and 7.

Awesome service from Howard (bdckr), the shipment from Canada came through safely and he's a pleasure to deal with. Same goes for Izzy (IzzyGrasp), made a smooth transaction on eBay. Jared P was cool enough to refer me to en eBay listing since he already had that model in his collection.

20240220_174206.thumb.jpg.5d1a30a584af3a4e94f85f3d026c4f1f.jpg20240220_173457.thumb.jpg.d476bc878fc941e9400ee69dfc01d481.jpg

Looks great.

I regret not getting Level 6 and 9 when they were still in production. But it's always like that, I guess. Probably people felt the same about Tettings a few years ago. 

I have Level 7, Level 8, and Level 10 (although I'm not sure how I would ever use Level 10). 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, matek said:

Looks great.

I regret not getting Level 6 and 9 when they were still in production. But it's always like that, I guess. Probably people felt the same about Tettings a few years ago. 

I have Level 7, Level 8, and Level 10 (although I'm not sure how I would ever use Level 10). 

Thanks! I think we all regret not getting more GHPs when they were more readily available haha

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, degradated said:

Thanks! I think we all regret not getting more GHPs when they were more readily available haha

Wade said it would be cost-prohibitive to continue the manufacturing while keeping the high production standards. 

The irony of things is that in a few years, used GHPs will sell for double or triple the price in the community. 

• Like 2

Now that's a nice collection, well done.

And yeah, I had plenty of opportunities to get the GHP 1, 3, and 4 that I'm looking for - especially 1 and 3 which were available for a long time. I just had no idea the company was gonna go under.

Kind of surprised Wade shut the company down, instead of just raising prices. GHP is so good that everyone would have been willing to pay $50-60 per gripper easy to cover the margins.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, matek said:

Wade said it would be cost-prohibitive to continue the manufacturing while keeping the high production standards. 

The irony of things is that in a few years, used GHPs will sell for double or triple the price in the community. 

6 hours ago, Jared P said:

Now that's a nice collection, well done.

And yeah, I had plenty of opportunities to get the GHP 1, 3, and 4 that I'm looking for - especially 1 and 3 which were available for a long time. I just had no idea the company was gonna go under.

Kind of surprised Wade shut the company down, instead of just raising prices. GHP is so good that everyone would have been willing to pay $50-60 per gripper easy to cover the margins.

I get it, I don't manufacture grippers but its getting really hard produce high quality products and still keep the price competitive while still making a profit.. It's like trying to juggle knives while on a unicycle. That's at least how I feel.🤣   I go back and forth with wanting to carry on the family business for the same reason. 

I'm not sure what he had for help but these days there is no help, and if i had to guess sourcing material probably has gotten more difficult. Sometimes its not just as simple as raising the cost.   But i'm still surprised too, it can be done and I wonder if he'd of had luck selling the company? People still want GHPs.

Thats a beautiful collection you have there... I too wish I bought 1-8 when I had the opportunity. 

• Like 5

Here's a new plaque that I made for the GHPs that I like a lot better. I wasn't totally happy with the other one, plus this holds all 10 vs only 9 spots on the other.

20240228_205933.thumb.jpg.0b8304b15da448c0bf88d29164e0e315.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just got two more gen 1 GHPs in the mail! Huge thanks to @Jared P for the GHP10 and @WorksinaPinch for the GHP8 (he also sold me an awesome GHP6 a few weeks ago). Both guys are awesome to deal with, honest, friendly and ship quickly.

That leaves me only two away (GHP5 and 9) from a complete set... Woohoo! 20240306_075649.thumb.jpg.c2ec89608e96c46beba6b1b56fad8e29.jpg20240308_113846.thumb.jpg.a6a00a037249d423656bb31e1481387e.jpg20240308_114408.thumb.jpg.a44e818897e27b114cb845b5969de939.jpg

• Like 10

On 2/18/2024 at 9:20 PM, degradated said:

I just got my grippers back in the mail and they look awesome! Matt has great customer service and the turnaround time wasn't bad either. Here's a plaque that I made a long time ago to hold 12 grippers, though I have a few more that won't fit...

Judging by the ratings, I have a nice spread from 66 up to 208. The filed ones are awesome too, very well done. They are all mostly from 2008-09. I also got a special #3 rated at a super low 135. 😱

👍🏻20240218_105116.thumb.jpg.df2188e8daccac1cff9b776e85973668.jpg

Nice collection.

• Thanks 1

Once again @Jared P came through and notified me of a GHP5 on eBay that I swooped for $100. Heads up to everyone else: the seller (mcallistertrade) has a GHP6 and 7 1st gen, along with some nice Baraban and Tetting.grippers up there RIGHT NOW! They're all individual listings, auction style, ending in less than a week. 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, degradated said:

Once again @Jared P came through and notified me of a GHP5 on eBay that I swooped for $100. Heads up to everyone else: the seller (mcallistertrade) has a GHP6 and 7 1st gen, along with some nice Baraban and Tetting.grippers up there RIGHT NOW! They're all individual listings, auction style, ending in less than a week. 👍🏻

Yeah he posted on facebook asking for offers and then just ended up putting them on ebay anyway

• Like 2

Just one away from the whole set now! 👍🏻🙂

GHPGripperCollection03-14-2401.thumb.jpg.882484149e4efaad7ea77e3707b7bc37.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Finally got a GHP block!

20240327_205910.thumb.jpg.306e97ec9b3939a31c4663fe3c07c30e.jpg

Edited by degradated
  • Like 4

Congrats!

Now I'm curious, when did they start adding the black bit at the bottom?  I bought mine when they were first released, and it's just metal with the GHP sticker on it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bdckr said:

Congrats!

Now I'm curious, when did they start adding the black bit at the bottom?  I bought mine when they were first released, and it's just metal with the GHP sticker on it

Thx! I'm wondering that myself. The ones shown online have no black end cap but have a hole through the bottom for the blue string to go through (which this one lacks). Maybe different versions?

3 minutes ago, degradated said:

Thx! I'm wondering that myself. The ones shown online have no black end cap but have a hole through the bottom for the blue string to go through (which this one lacks). Maybe different versions?

Mine had black caps at both ends and I took it off because I would catch the gripper handles on it sometimes. I never had a string for it though. Mines a couple years old

• Like 2

1 minute ago, C8Myotome said:

Mine had black caps at both ends and I took it off because I would catch the gripper handles on it sometimes. I never had a string for it though. Mines a couple years old

Ditto.

Mine had black plastic caps on both ends, but I recently removed them. I prefer the purely metal aesthetic.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

2 minutes ago, Jared P said:

Ditto.

Mine had black plastic caps on both ends, but I recently removed them. I prefer the purely metal aesthetic.

Ok cool, thanks for clarifying. So it does appear that there are at least two versions of the GHP set block, one with black caps (possibly later version) and one with no caps but a hole through the metal with a blue string running through.

setBlock2.thumb.png.b03ac8be5cff25896ab1c7ade3878e3a.png

• Like 1