Metal Credit Card

Jared P

2 hours ago, Busa said:

Look great I see a group buy on the horizon maybe..

I haven't even heard the engraving options yet and I already want to place my pre-order.  🤔

Crazy to think about how the ccs rule was highly rejected back in the day, only to have people wanting to buy cc’s now. 😄

Posted (edited)

Just came across this brand @akugeki from Japan on Instagram today after seeing @stranger use their dynamometer, basically a GM150 replica, and it seems like extremely high quality materials. Looks like they are planning to have grippers with custom made springs, a stainless steel CCS card, and more coming soon. If they made a 38mm block, they could be the successor to GHP in that certification category.

photo credits: @akugeki on Instagram

image1.thumb.jpg.326f365c45d31e86964ff6d0a4a65e56.jpgimage2.jpg.2daf49397462318bc1553819a11a3382.jpgimage3.jpg.b6713d3f161438caf9595500f2da33b0.jpgimage5.thumb.jpg.eb014c8988d6618847a87ee1e6f7ee47.jpgimage4.thumb.jpg.f4d64d4ae199ab87fcb01aebee881006.jpg

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 7

Akugeki is a master at his craft!!! The dunk is mindblowingly beautiful, and the case for it is basically the coolest briefcase since the one in Pulp Fiction🤣

Like a month ago he told me the grippers were still in prototype and he was aiming for March-May for sales. So hopefully soon!!! I have no doubt they’ll be jaw dropping!

352F1754-DE6C-4F1C-A705-654127735D29.jpeg

490B7D64-5AC8-49FC-9BC6-A798AC215A10.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jared P said:

Looks like they have grippers with custom made springs, metal CCS certification

I checked his Instragram and at this point, it seems like the grippers are still not available for purchase (the photos are probably the prototypes). Seems like these are on the narrower side, but interesting!

The stainless cards are available for purchase, but he didn't mention that is for any certification. Looks good though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matek said:

I checked his Instragram and at this point, it seems like the grippers are still not available for purchase (the photos are probably the prototypes). Seems like these are on the narrower side, but interesting!

We have talked to him about carrying his line when it’s available. I would like to. If it’s possible at all, we will have them. He offered us the dyno as well but it had like a $300+ retail price point and I’m just not into that. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, matek said:

The stainless cards are available for purchase, but he didn't mention that is for any certification. Looks good though!

Sorry, I worded my sentence poorly - I meant to say all of those things are planned for the future. Edit: You're right about the cards I think, looks like they are just for sale and not for certification or anything yet.

I reached out to him on Instagram today, he said they are still working on prototype production at the moment.

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cannon said:

We have talked to him about carrying his line when it’s available. I would like to. If it’s possible at all, we will have them.

Awesome.

50 minutes ago, Cannon said:

He offered us the dyno as well but it had like a $300+ retail price point and I’m just not into that. 

Yeah, that's a bit high.

I just ordered a brand new GM150 from Vano, and it was only $150 + $68 shipping = $218 total via DHL.

IMG_5658.thumb.jpg.24b750a0ba41675d86a251929400bdc1.jpg

• Like 2

Is there anything interesting or new about these Japanese grippers? Just that there will be a metal card cert?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

Is there anything interesting or new about these Japanese grippers? Just that there will be a metal card cert?

The fact that there is potentially going to be a new gripper brand with actual quality custom springs and good design is what is personally interesting to me, especially considering that GHP went extinct. Basically the only quality gripper brands that do not use the 50 lb Chinese springs currently active are IronMind, Standard, Silarukov, and Robert Baraban. Glad to possibly have another one to add to the list. The more the merrier.

It is not often that such a gripper brand emerges anymore. Brands like Tetting, GHP, AtomGripz, FBBC, K2FSI, Python, Silvis, FOH, CXP, and JBF, are all relics of a bygone era, most of which were being made 10-15 years ago.

I'd start a gripper brand myself if I had the capital to spend, but I'm sure it's a bit like the old joke, "How do you make a small fortune in the gripper business? Start with a large one."

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Cannon said:

We have talked to him about carrying his line when it’s available. I would like to. If it’s possible at all, we will have them. He offered us the dyno as well but it had like a $300+ retail price point and I’m just not into that. 

I got this wrong. I went back and looked at our correspondence and the MSRP on the AK-150 was $675. :chris:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Anyone interested in getting the Mateks Quattro Set Block?

• Like 3

You can put me down for one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

You can put me down for one.

Me too...

• Like 1