Stronghold 3

Aroostook Barbell

10 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

If I am able to make it to the comp (and I will make it as long as it does not conflict with things I have to do and can't control), and if my car is not already full, I will be happy to pick you up at an airport on the way there from NYC (or in NYC).

Last year @temmmeeee and @Anthony C. and I drove up in my car together and I could have had one more passenger; we sometimes travel also with @Tom Flesher.  If any of those three can't make it or comes separately, I should have room.  Or we could go five ways renting a bigger vehicle and not put the mileage on my car, but it's an old Honda  Civic that works great with over 130K on it already so I am not really trying to keep it new lol.  It just won't hold five of us.

We also had a GREAT AirBNB and I think they had two next door that were similar and owned by the same folks, so maybe we could get both of them and have a great after party.

I'm down for carpooling and splitting an AirBnb. Flights are pretty expensive to all of the Maine airports, and I'd still need a car.  Once the date is confirmed, we can put concrete plans together.

Thanks man, looking forward to it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dubyagrip said:

I'm down for carpooling and splitting an AirBnb. Flights are pretty expensive to all of the Maine airports, and I'd still need a car.  Once the date is confirmed, we can put concrete plans together.

Thanks man, looking forward to it.

And if I can go and you decide to land in Boston.. Id be happy to pick you up.  With no traffic i'm about 15mins from Logan... With traffic it could be 2 hours.

Like you said once the dates confirmed it will be easier to plan.

As for what events id like to see. Doesn't matter to me, i've never competed so how can i give input but it would like to get my feet wet.  Whatever it is, if i have the equipment i'll just put a little more emphasis on them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

Where's the best place to fly in to get up there?  Also, when are you thinking the competition will be so I can confirm with my travel and work schedule?

@Aroostook Barbell

Presque Isle is the closest to me (the comp) to fly in to.  10 minute drive.  The comp will be at the Fort Fairfield Rec Center. Probably in September.  I’m guessing around peak leaf season. Around the 3rd week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Aroostook Barbell said:

Presque Isle is the closest to me (the comp) to fly in to.  10 minute drive.  The comp will be at the Fort Fairfield Rec Center. Probably in September.  I’m guessing around peak leaf season. Around the 3rd week. 

The north carolina guys (@jasonotto@James Retarides, @robertmiller67, etc.) usually do their Armhighland Gripstrongwrestling Powergames comp around the 3rd week in September most years.  It would be a shame if their comp and yours turn out to be on the same day, because I'd love to go to both.  Tagged them here in hopes that whichever of you chooses a date first, the other considers not choosing that date.  Of course sometimes that just happens and no one will be mad if they end up the same day, but I figured I'd put it out there because I'd have a hard time choosing.  Both comps and crowds were awesome (Anthony C. and I went to both last year).

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

The north carolina guys (@jasonotto@James Retarides, @robertmiller67, etc.) usually do their Armhighland Gripstrongwrestling Powergames comp around the 3rd week in September most years.  It would be a shame if their comp and yours turn out to be on the same day, because I'd love to go to both.  Tagged them here in hopes that whichever of you chooses a date first, the other considers not choosing that date.  Of course sometimes that just happens and no one will be mad if they end up the same day, but I figured I'd put it out there because I'd have a hard time choosing.  Both comps and crowds were awesome (Anthony C. and I went to both last year).

I’m open to suggestions on dates in September. Not set in stone.  I want it to be a success for everyone. 

• Like 1

OK guys. So it looks like because I would have to purchase an axle that meets specifications, and I really don’t feel like judging lock out, I’m going to switch the axle event to a 2 inch, two hand Napalm’s Nightmare lift as one of the events.

I’m also looking to have the contest towards the beginning of August. That way there will be approximately two months before and after a couple of other big contests.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Aroostook Barbell said:

OK guys. So it looks like because I would have to purchase an axle that meets specifications, and I really don’t feel like judging lock out, I’m going to switch the axle event to a 2 inch, two hand Napalm’s Nightmare lift as one of the events.

I’m also looking to have the contest towards the beginning of August. That way there will be approximately two months before and after a couple of other big contests.

:)

On 2/13/2024 at 8:28 AM, WorksinaPinch said:

Is there a company other than Ironmind that sells a full 2" diameter axle? Has the door been opened for custom fabricated axles? @Eric Roussin

I have no idea what companies out there sell 2" Axles.  Only one I know of is Rep Fitness. Most that I've seen have been 1.9".

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

I have no idea what companies out there sell 2" Axles.  Only one I know of is Rep Fitness. Most that I've seen have been 1.9".

My Arm Assassin axle is 1.9"...

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 3:05 PM, Vinnie said:

I will definitely keep an eye on the calendar to try not to overlap.  Haven't picked a date yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jasonotto said:

I will definitely keep an eye on the calendar to try not to overlap.  Haven't picked a date yet.

The StrongHold competition will probably be the 1rst week of August.  I’ll put out an official post with all the information within a couple of weeks. 

• Like 3