Stronghold 3

Aroostook Barbell

Hey all!  It’s time to start planning for the 3rd annual StrongHold grip competition. This one will be a good one!

Taking a poll to see what events you would all like to see contested.  Grippers will be the first event, and a medley will be last.  Anything in the middle is open.  Let me know.  Thanks all!  

IMG_6343.jpeg

• Like 2

Inch pinch or some other similar keypinch 

• Like 2

I will make every effort to attend again, and to drag @Anthony C.@temmmeeee, and @Tom Flesher along with me.

And I'll have to start training grippers again.

I'd love to see Euro contested - I kinda think Ronni has one ...

I like the idea of inch or keypinch (we did Inch Pinch last year and happy to see it again, but a different key pinch could be fun to change it up, like double inch pinch, shallow, or even coin pinch).

• Like 2

And now I have to start working grippers again, just to vie for SECOND place (not expecting to beat Dubya, unless he lets me use his cooked COC 4 lol)

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

And now I have to start working grippers again, just to vie for SECOND place (not expecting to beat Dubya, unless he lets me use his cooked COC 4 lol)

It has been destroyed.  Hence why I am doing my experiments with a 3.5 now.  A tampered 4 shouldn't exist.

• Like 3

@Aroostook Barbell when and where? I'd like to go, maybe rag along with @Vinnie and the Ney York Yankers. 

As for events 

2 habd Euro and an Axle or Napalm Nightmare 2 or 2-3/8 would be cool. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I will make every effort to attend again, and to drag @Anthony C.@temmmeeee, and @Tom Flesher along with me.

And I'll have to start training grippers again.

I'd love to see Euro contested - I kinda think Ronni has one ...

I like the idea of inch or keypinch (we did Inch Pinch last year and happy to see it again, but a different key pinch could be fun to change it up, like double inch pinch, shallow, or even coin pinch).

Been thinking about bringing the Euro back!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stranger said:

@Aroostook Barbell when and where? I'd like to go, maybe rag along with @Vinnie and the Ney York Yankers. 

As for events 

Love to have you man!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, stranger said:

As for events 

Love the idea of the axle.  If I add that, do I need a specific bar to be recognized, or can I use the one I have?  What would the specifications need to be in order to be recognized and ranked?

@Jedd Johnson???

Edited by Aroostook Barbell
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Aroostook Barbell said:

Love the idea of the axle.  If I add that, do I need a specific bar to be recognized, or can I use the one I have?  What would the specifications need to be in order to be recognized and ranked?

@Jedd Johnson???

Let me get back to you on this. I'm on it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aroostook Barbell said:

@Jedd Johnson???

The Axle needs to be 2" and approximately the same length as the Apollon's Axle. The AA is roughly 86.5 inches.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Aroostook Barbell said:

Love to have you man!

Chaz is WELCOME in my car!  Just stay out of my weight class, man.  You a beast.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, stranger said:

when and where? I'd like to go, maybe rag along with @Vinnie and the Ney York Yankers. 

See above, re: you are free to tag along, as long as I don't have to drive too far south or west of NYC to get you, since it is in Fort Fairfield, Maine -- at the very northeast tip of this country (unless you actually live there, like Ronni, in which case you will tell us that no, it isn't the very tip top of the country because you can still drive north 45 more minutes lol).  It's pretty high up there in the latitudes ... about 10 hours from the NYC area.  Was WELL WORTH the road trip, which we enjoyed in its own right but also the comp was fantastic.

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Let me get back to you on this. I'm on it.

Thanks Boss. 

4 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

The Axle needs to be 2" and approximately the same length as the Apollon's Axle. The AA is roughly 86.5 inches.

Thanks @Jedd Johnson

17 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Is there a company other than Ironmind that sells a full 2" diameter axle? Has the door been opened for custom fabricated axles? @Eric Roussin

6 minutes ago, WorksinaPinch said:

Is there a company other than Ironmind that sells a full 2" diameter axle? Has the door been opened for custom fabricated axles? @Eric Roussin

I know of at least one, but it is significantly lighter than the Apollon’s Axle and there in concern that it may bend under significant weight.

In my opinion, whichever bar is tracked should be commercially available for purchase. Which raises another question - given that the Rogue bar (and others) are 1.9”, should this size of bar be tracked? 

18 hours ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Ok. Thank you.  My bar meets those specs, and can be weighed at the post office. 

I'd be interested this time around. I just need to say f#@$ work and do it.  I'm in Boston. I think its literally like 6 hours from me. I'll stay at my uncles in York the night before to shave an hour off the trip haha.

I've never been that far up in Maine though, furthest ive gone is Augusta.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I'd be interested this time around. I just need to say f#@$ work and do it.  I'm in Boston. I think its literally like 6 hours from me. I'll stay at my uncles in York the night before to shave an hour off the trip haha.

I've never been that far up in Maine though, furthest ive gone is Augusta.  

Love to have you man!  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Aroostook Barbell said:

Love to have you man!  

I might have to drop down to @Vinnie weight class so I can lose to him.

It would be a blast. I’ve always wanted to explore northern Maine. Just fear I’m one wrong turn from someone making me squeal like a pig.🤣

I don’t need to tell you! It’s legit woods after you get to certain point. 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

I know of at least one, but it is significantly lighter than the Apollon’s Axle and there in concern that it may bend under significant weight.

In my opinion, whichever bar is tracked should be commercially available for purchase. Which raises another question - given that the Rogue bar (and others) are 1.9”, should this size of bar be tracked? 

It would be great to have a 1.9"ø bar tracked, but I not in the mix with the A.A. I don't know how quality control would be reasonably ensured with every random bar. I suppose the same argument could be made for the A.A.

Where's the best place to fly in to get up there?  Also, when are you thinking the competition will be so I can confirm with my travel and work schedule?

@Aroostook Barbell

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Where's the best place to fly in to get up there?  Also, when are you thinking the competition will be so I can confirm with my travel and work schedule?

@Aroostook Barbell

I know there’s a Central Maine Regional airport? and probably tons of tiny ones.

Manchester NH has one (although it’s a little haul). There’s always Logan in Boston but you gotta drive 6hours. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

@Aroostook Barbell

If I am able to make it to the comp (and I will make it as long as it does not conflict with things I have to do and can't control), and if my car is not already full, I will be happy to pick you up at an airport on the way there from NYC (or in NYC).

Last year @temmmeeee and @Anthony C. and I drove up in my car together and I could have had one more passenger; we sometimes travel also with @Tom Flesher.  If any of those three can't make it or comes separately, I should have room.  Or we could go five ways renting a bigger vehicle and not put the mileage on my car, but it's an old Honda  Civic that works great with over 130K on it already so I am not really trying to keep it new lol.  It just won't hold five of us.

We also had a GREAT AirBNB and I think they had two next door that were similar and owned by the same folks, so maybe we could get both of them and have a great after party.

• Like 1