Sad news about Tiziano

SeNoLD

Just now, Londonjoseph said:

90% of the guys talking about comps DO compete, myself included! 

That was an entire venue cheating with 0 reliable persons!

We don't know that about the Russian venue.  The two lifters who used the rosin had plenty of respectable, legitimate lifts prior to the KK 23' contest.

1 minute ago, dubyagrip said:

We don't know that about the Russian venue.  The two lifters who used the rosin had plenty of respectable, legitimate lifts prior to the KK 23' contest.

I will agree to that to a certain point. 

There were a lot of people who raised concerns about how much they increased lifts in a matter of one year though

6 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

I will agree to that to a certain point. 

There were a lot of people who raised concerns about how much they increased lifts in a matter of one year though

I was one of the people scrutinizing the videos.  Ivan K., for example, is a well known competitor with many verified lifts.  You can't say there weren't any credible people there.  That's why KK was so confusing to unravel until the rosin was noticed.

We need to avoid logical fallacies like "one thing was faked, so everything is fake."

• Like 3

the title of this had me thinking something happened to him… and then I see it’s about a cert again lols…

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I was one of the people scrutinizing the videos.  Ivan K., for example, is a well known competitor with many verified lifts.  You can't say there weren't any credible people there.  That's why KK was so confusing to unravel until the rosin was noticed.

We need to avoid logical fallacies like "one thing was faked, so everything is fake."

I wholeheartedly agree with you, you're right, just because one thing is fake doesn't mean for a fact the others are. 

However, I *personally* think if you cheat in a sport, all your competition results across all events and certs should be removed. 

I do see why others would disagree though 

Edited by Londonjoseph
  • Like 2

If an athlete is only reprimanded in one event they cheated in, then the punishment isn't very high if only that result is removed. 

I do feel more people would be discouraged to perform any form of fraud if all their feats are removed. 

Just food for thought. 

1 minute ago, Londonjoseph said:

If an athlete is only reprimanded in one event they cheated in, then the punishment isn't very high if only that result is removed. 

I do feel more people would be discouraged to perform any form of fraud if all their feats are removed. 

Just food for thought. 

I'm in no position to make that kind of decision.  I believe it is more important to simply right the wrong than to rewrite the past which may not have anything to do with it.  That's what governing bodies are for and why I don't want to be apart of one.

1 minute ago, dubyagrip said:

I'm in no position to make that kind of decision.  I believe it is more important to simply right the wrong than to rewrite the past which may not have anything to do with it.  That's what governing bodies are for and why I don't want to be apart of one.

That's completely fair, and a more than reasonable take.

I'm just expressing my own opinion

2 hours ago, Jared P said:

If you'll remember, this 3.5 certification video was also posted alongside another video from a different angle (the person recording with the cell phone, as seen in the video above), to provide a second point of view. This video was uploaded to YouTube, and I watched it in full. It seemed to completely legitimize this certification attempt, and show that no cuts or edits were made. If Tiziano still has this second video, now would be the time to reupload it as proof.

When the certification was done, I didn't even watch the video. I paid attention only because there was a discussion going on in front of my eyes, where freeze-frames of the video were clearly visible, into which anything could be inserted. My first thought was that this was a hoax, I wrote about it, then I decided that there was no point in drawing conclusions from it, but the post could no longer be edited.

If there was a second video covering this issue, then I have no complaints.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SeNoLD said:

When the certification was done, I didn't even watch the video. I paid attention only because there was a discussion going on in front of my eyes, where freeze-frames of the video were clearly visible, into which anything could be inserted. My first thought was that this was a hoax, I wrote about it, then I decided that there was no point in drawing conclusions from it, but the post could no longer be edited.

If there was a second video covering this issue, then I have no complaints.

Hopefully he uploads it again, but if not, it is merely a memory of the past and no longer acts as evidence.

In addition to that, considering how much time has passed and the new evidence presented to make his claims questionable, it seems fair now to require further substantiation to validate the videos, at least on this forum, if they are to be taken as fully legitimate. What the governing bodies of IronMind, GHP, and GM do though is up to them.

This is all so bizarre, but Tiziano being a fake does make more sense than a 140-pound guy lifting 300 on a V-bar like it's easy (and closing COC 3.5, etc.).

As you can see from my previous posts, I have always found Tiziano's posted feats hard to believe, but not worth disputing once he obtained some certs and posted some videos.  It's just not a big enough deal to close a 3.5.  You get no money for it.  You get the suspicion when it is so improbable.  To fake all that, he'd have to have some serious mental health issues.  And then I would just feel sorry for him and feel like I should let him live in his play world where it matters that much to him.

It reminds me of this word game I play online where I'm good, and there are some other people who are good, and when we play, we all win sometimes and not others.  Then there is this one guy who when he shows up, always ALWAYS wins by an incredible margin, every time, over everybody.  People have repeatedly accused him of cheating and he's been indignant and insisting he doesn't, but it really isn't possible to always win by so much.  It isn't that I care that I don't beat him, or that he's better than me.  It's just that it really doesn't make sense with my 54 years of life experience that out of a few hundred players, there are successively fewer players ranked so near the top, like a pyramid, and then one single guy another whole mile above the close-together top few.  Statistically, it is much more probable that the guy is cheating (which we all know HOW to do) and that the distribution of skill is more regular.  But I just say good game, nice win, and move on.  Because it is remotely possible he is legit, and not important enough to know for sure.  I don't think he is, and no one else does either, but he needs it so bad and I just don't care enough to fight about it.  If he were cheating to beat me out of a cash prize that would be another thing.  But here, we just all play for number 2 and pretend he doesn't exist.

So maybe this is like that.

Or maybe Tiziano's real, and he closed a 3.5 from CCS for reps pretty easily at 140lb body weight and set records on other implements, and just got a factory defective scale that registers pounds when it means kilos.

I don't feel the need to do any of my own investigation, or to lobby IronMind or GHP or whoever to take away his certs.  I know that if I were Tiziano and I were not faking it, I'd do a lot more than he has to show it.  But I don't really care enough to get all bothered here.  It doesn't change my views on my own participation in the sport.  I'm here for fun and it's still fun.

Cheers.

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 2