YouTube Playlist of my best gripper videos

C8Myotome

Working towards 3.5 cert, here is a bunch of my best sets lately that are all in one place and easy to find and watch. Will be updating over time 

• Like 8

Nice work very impressive 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

Working towards 3.5 cert, here is a bunch of my best sets lately that are all in one place and easy to find and watch. Will be updating over time 

That 3.5 at 180 RGC was intense af

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2024 at 10:47 AM, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

That 3.5 at 180 RGC was intense af

Thanks, that one was 30 mm, just did 180 coc 3.5 from 38 mm today 

• Like 4

you are going to be certified one day coc 3.5 you are close with this intense and hard work congratulations and continue these successes

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

Thanks, that one was 30 mm, just did 180 coc 3.5 from 38 mm today 

8mm is serious progress 👏👏

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, steeve tremblay said:

you are going to be certified one day coc 3.5 you are close with this intense and hard work congratulations and continue these successes

Thanks yeah the 3.5 cert is my main goal now that the ghp contest is probably going to be officially over any day now, I had been working toward ghp9, either way making very steady progress, I have grippers down to a science now. Next 3.5 I'll be working towards is a 187 rated one 

• Like 3

I've started to work on standard titanium, I got 2 unrated and with my original rating shims falling apart they measured heavier than expected (yes with 30 closes) but still measured a 3 lb difference so I'm guessing this one is 184, I filed the lighter one to i'm guessing 190 for now, but this was my first serious attempt at a ghp set with the heavier one, that ill probably work on before the 187 coc 3.5 I'm working towards, but 184 sounds about right as I just did 180 3.5 ghp block and I'm probably 3 mm off from the assumed 184 on first serious attempt

Screenshot_20240128_105513_Instagram.jpg

• Like 7

Interesting, I’ll have to do the same.  My YouTube channel is 17-18 years old though.  Good stuff

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Interesting, I’ll have to do the same.  My YouTube channel is 17-18 years old though.  Good stuff

I've been uploading to YouTube for almost 20 years too, anything old or irrelevant is set to private. Yeah I figured a playlist is easier so people don't have to sort through all my videos manually to find the good ones. It now auto plays all my best stuff that I'll remove once I make a better video etc.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

Tried a 191 hulk, I'll post a video if and when I actually close it. I have a 200 lb also 

Screenshot_20240203_131439_Video Player.jpg

What do you think of the Powerball? I know you’re typically not a fan of this style of gripper. 

1 hour ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

What do you think of the Powerball? I know you’re typically not a fan of this style of gripper. 

It's alright, yes I'm not a big fan of 50 lb grippers because they're too easy making them offer reduced training stimulus, but I got 2 of these because they were otherwise rare ratings and pretty much dirt cheap. I would say they're also a good measure of realistically when you may be ready to start attempting a new rgc level, because it will be easier on the 50 lb gripper, and will be much difficult on IM etc. Until hulks became available I had topped out at this anyways, and I closed a 173 GG6 probably about a year and a half before touching the 170s on IM grippers (one of the endless examples of how much easier they are), and then after a 175 HG350 that I filed to 180, I was out of "easy" grippers anyways. From what I understand aside from the hulk, Powerball and GG are basically identical 18mm maybe except for knurling amount which at least the hulk is sharper, and with the hulk 20 mm handles creating a 40 mm closed position, and with that high RGC, they're still pretty hard overall, but no I would still not recommend doing regular training on 50 lb grippers still, but thats just me and what do I know about grippers, lolololooolololololololol. My only other 20 mm 50 lb gripper is an ESG7 that I rated at 167 I think, it is so stupid easy that it's not even worth using, I used it once to do a boredom cert and have never touched it again

Edited by C8Myotome
  • Like 2

Almost there. Very incredible .

Super strong 💪 grip

• Thanks 1

Nice work, you have been busy 

• Like 1

12x146 coc 3 today, and 7x155 coc 3 GHP block, still at only 4 almost 5 reps with 173 coc 3.5, put onto playlist

• Like 1

I just watched in slow motion and took a better screenshot, the 173 coc 3.5 looks ccs closed, I keep thinking I miss closes when they're a grinder and then brief when it actually touches. I'm going to upload a video with slow motion included and screenshot

Screenshot_20240217_175819_Video Player.jpg

• Like 3