What are your go to exercises for rehab,prehab and injury prevention

Beetle

Good and healthy days.As we all know key to good strength and result is consistency.And for being consistent,we need healthy wrists and hands.Im 20 and already injured from both wrists.And it takes ages to heal.From right hand,there is a sharp pain right from where thumb pad connects to the wrist.It happened almost year ago.And injury goes away only to come back after some time for no reason.Left one is not painful and fairly new like 2 month.On the pinky side between hand and wrist.Feel it a little when pronate deeply.And there are lots and lots of pops on the left.Please,helm me on boundaries of ur wisdom

sorry for bad English 

Anything very low weight and high rep.  Example for me was alway inner elbow (flexion) pain. Now, im into arm wrestling which exacerbates that pain (being 54 doest help, lol).

Things I do: 

1) very high rep, low weight to really get the blood flow going.  Doest have to be exercise that’s the primary cause.  For example: wrist flexion with pressure on the fingers really aggravates my inner elbow.  I’ll find a slightly similar exercise like country crush wrist curls or 45 degree band rows that allow me to do “lots” of reps pain free.

2) stretching the wrists daily (even through the day).  Both ways.  Much less pain when my wrists are more flexible.  Do it very slowly if it hurts.

3) check out the old school “Dick Hartzell” jumpstretch band rehab videos on YouTube.  All kinds of various joints to choose from.  I found a lot of positive things I’ve kept from those over the years

4) you can also the contrasting ice/hot baths, but I’ve found little benefit bs the setup hassle from doing them.

good luck

morgan 

33 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Example for me was alway inner elbow (flexion) pain.

33 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

wrist flexion with pressure on the fingers really aggravates my inner elbow.

Same. For me, it was always exacerbated by heavy overhead KB work (TGU, press, long cycle) where the weight is trying wrench your hand open while the elbow is fully extended. I was usually able to put up with it for a long time before I had to take a break and regroup. 

Then I got extensor tendinitis (Tennis elbow). That was no joke. Knocked me out for a while and zapped my strength in my right hand. 

The stuff that Morgan mentioned above is the kind of stuff that got me back in it. Working low weight, high reps for agonists and antagonists plus limiting the exacerbating movements for a while. I had to establish a focused 3-4/week ‘program’ that I did for a month or two then do the work more as prehab and rehab around workouts as I eased back into regular workouts. 

I also stretch the forearms and hands frequently now as Morgan mentioned. I especially focus on it following grip work out (~10 minutes at the end of the workout). 

Thank so much guys.I ll give them a try