How long do you train in a day?

RC_ALPHABET

Title.

I trained for an hour today but I'm wondering how long you guys go for. I'm still a beginner, I started gripping seriously a week ago. Also, my dog.

KennyCupBop.thumb.jpg.0e3d43c644a50625a03cc4db20262b9c.jpg

• Like 3

As a beginner you won't be strong enough (probably) to require a lot of recovery time.  The stronger one gets the more important recovery will become and the longer it will take.  The idea to to do the work - then allow not only compensation but so called super compensation to occur.  Length of workout is only one variable to consider - equally or more important is the intensity of the workout.  Reps per set - number of sets - rest between sets etc can radially change the time per "workout".   I have "workouts" that take 15 minutes and ones that take a couple hours - it depends.  The "very general" recommendation is workouts should last about an hour - and that's usually whole body.   Do as much work as needed then recover completely (Completely!).  One can train hard or train long - but not both (if you're natural).

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, RC_ALPHABET said:

Title.

I trained for an hour today but I'm wondering how long you guys go for. I'm still a beginner, I started gripping seriously a week ago. Also, my dog.

KennyCupBop.thumb.jpg.0e3d43c644a50625a03cc4db20262b9c.jpg

My workouts last about an hour on average. Rest times are between 3 and 5 minutes depending on how I'm feeling. I tend to workout longer when I train on blobs. And then i keep extensor bands on my desk that I use here and there throughout the day.

• Like 2

I do about 45 to one hour no rest

more or less do to time

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Jones said:

My workouts last about an hour on average. Rest times are between 3 and 5 minutes depending on how I'm feeling. I tend to workout longer when I train on blobs. And then i keep extensor bands on my desk that I use here and there throughout the day.

I am finding when i do my blob training, i need longer in between sets and warming up/activating the CNS has really taken some trial and error. 

When i'm on my A game I workout from 4:45am-6:45am...  So roughly 2 hours, but it can be 75 minutes to 3 hours on a Saturday morning if im not working... Really if i had it my way i'd train 5 hours a day. 

20- 30 minutes or so is just spent warming up since i workout so early.  . Really it just depends on your goals, and how much time you have.. 45 quality minutes of training is better than 2 hours of non productive training. 

If you are looking for a routine, David Hornes beginner routine is a great one you can do 2-3 times a week thrown into a full body workout.  If you know what your goals are look some members training logs who are going after the same goals, and start your own while log you are at it.  Nice dog by the way.

• Like 2

It depends on what I am doing, but usually 1-2 hours. Typically 1hr 10 min to 1 hr 30 min. My gripper workout takes upwards of 2 hours because I take 3-4 minutes rest between heavy sets and follow it up with other forearm work. If you find that certain exercises take a long time to recover from during your workout, you can maximize your time and work by supersetting these movements with others that have little to no effect on the movement that you are doing. For instance, I do ab and calf work during my gripper rests. 

• Like 2

When I grip train, I will usually take 2 to 3 minute rest between sets

• Like 1