Jump to content

GHP Announcement


Wade Gillingham

Recommended Posts

We regret to inform the grip community that Gillingham High Performance has no immediate plans to continue manufacturing grippers in 2024.  As many of you have noticed this has been in the works for the past 6 months.  In 2023 we worked through our remaining parts inventory and for the last half of the year had limited size offerings.  The reason is simple: the high standards we set for our brand when we first started this journey back in 2010 are cost prohibitive today.  

We want to thank the overwhelming support for our brand from the GripBoard community.  We started out with a simple mission to fulfill a need in the grip and torsion spring hand gripper community: to build the highest quality gripper with the most reproducible feel in the world.  We sincerely hope that we filled that need for our customers.  We certainly tried and I'm proud to say we never cut corners.  

I'm still discussing some things with Matt about how to move forward with the GHP Certification - will it still be run, by who, where will the results live, etc..  Also the last of the new stock of GHP grippers that are available can be found here:  https://cannonpowerworks.com/products/gillingham-high-performance

Thanks again for the support over the years.

Wade

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 9
  • Sad 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you, Wade and GHP for supporting the GripBoard as a sponsor for so many years!!

 

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Wade GillinghamI'm sorry to hear the news.  Your grippers are some of my favorites.  Especially your Junior Grippers.  I have been talking about buying my daughter a Gold Junior Gripper for the last few weeks.  Are they all sold out too?  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Really sad news, just purchased a GHP8 and can say the quality is out of this world

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So sorry to hear this. I’ve been checking for a GHP 4 or 5 almost daily for months, feel like I got into grip just in time to see the passing of a legendary piece of equipment. Wish y’all well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wade- the GHP5 is one of my favorite grippers dude.  Your grippers have a feel that’s different from all the rest.  I regret not getting GHP9 & 10… my hands don’t lol.  Thanks for your part in grip strength.  
 

IMG_3235.thumb.jpeg.c72ac6016ced46b4d2d8b132bea7eadd.jpeg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sad to see them go but I have plenty of GHP's to last a life time, I hope some day I will be able to get a GHP shirt still, could you possible make them possible to order like with how gripboard shirts are ordered, made per purchase? I definitely hope the GHP challenge continues as well as it's a lot of fun. Thanks for the awesome grippers and the grind of the GHP challenge

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I was really worried this was coming.  I wish I had purchased more GHP6s back in the day. I absolutely adore my GHP6 126 RGC. The knurling is just superb, and I wish I had more that could fill that particular gap with something better than the Coc 2.5. I also wish I had just purchased a whole set. I'm missing a 1, 3, 9, and 10. 

 

53 minutes ago, deadgrip said:

Wade- the GHP5 is one of my favorite grippers dude.  Your grippers have a feel that’s different from all the rest.  I regret not getting GHP9 & 10… my hands don’t lol.  Thanks for your part in grip strength.  
 

IMG_3235.thumb.jpeg.c72ac6016ced46b4d2d8b132bea7eadd.jpeg

 

I'm so jealous of the red and green handled ones! I would kill for the red 4-6 set.  I also wish they had put out a blue-handled set for 7-9. Then maybe a gold 10. Would've been absolutely sick. 

Edited by DoctorOfCrush
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, deadgrip said:

Wade- the GHP5 is one of my favorite grippers dude.

So jealous 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Wade Gillingham said:

We regret to inform the grip community that Gillingham High Performance has no immediate plans to continue manufacturing grippers in 2024.  As many of you have noticed this has been in the works for the past 6 months.  In 2023 we worked through our remaining parts inventory and for the last half of the year had limited size offerings.  The reason is simple: the high standards we set for our brand when we first started this journey back in 2010 are cost prohibitive today.  

We want to thank the overwhelming support for our brand from the GripBoard community.  We started out with a simple mission to fulfill a need in the grip and torsion spring hand gripper community: to build the highest quality gripper with the most reproducible feel in the world.  We sincerely hope that we filled that need for our customers.  We certainly tried and I'm proud to say we never cut corners.  

I'm still discussing some things with Matt about how to move forward with the GHP Certification - will it still be run, by who, where will the results live, etc..  Also the last of the new stock of GHP grippers that are available can be found here:  https://cannonpowerworks.com/products/gillingham-high-performance

Thanks again for the support over the years.

Wade

I'm very sorry to hear this. I've never put my hands on a GHP but I've only read great things about the quality of them.

 

Its too bad, theres still a great demand for these but in this market its very difficult to put out quality and consistent products and still stay competitive price wise. Not just grippers everything across the board. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very sad news. Glad I bought levels 4-10 a few years back but regret not completing the set and/or double-ups. They are truly my favourite grippers and I'll never give them up. Thank you for your contributions and all the best from an Australian fan Wade!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update, Wade.  Your grippers will always be the measuring stick for me.  Pound for pound, they are the most difficult ones out there.  I also appreciate the brutal knurling.  I am glad I got the junior set for my kids, and I am pretty sure I bought the last GHP10 that was available.  I found it on your brother's website for Jackal's Gym.  It rated 267 RGC!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sad news.

GHP's are the best gripper out there imo, also the most challenging but just so well designed and made. I'm lucky enough to have two 5s, a 107lb and a 113lb, a 6 at 132lb and a 7 at 140lb on the way. 

I think GHP's will become the Tettings of the future now they are no longer going be produced.

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought the 8 (which I definitely cant close) from CPW having noticed that you hadnt refreshed inventory for a long while. At least I can get my hands on one of them. I have used a 6 before and the only grippers I would put in the same quality bracket are AtomGripz, who are also unfortunately gone 😟

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

Thanks for the update, Wade.  Your grippers will always be the measuring stick for me.  Pound for pound, they are the most difficult ones out there.  I also appreciate the brutal knurling.  I am glad I got the junior set for my kids, and I am pretty sure I bought the last GHP10 that was available.  I found it on your brother's website for Jackal's Gym.  It rated 267 RGC!

I'm grateful that @dubyagrip told me about the junior set a while back and I got them for my kids.

Recently picked up a Level 2 and a Level 8 to round out my collection a bit, which now includes:  Level 2 (RGC 61), Level 3 (RGC 70), Level 3 - Filed (RGC 76), Level 4 (Unrated), Level 4 (RGC 87), Level 4 - Filed (RGC 93), Level 5 (RGC 110), Level 6 (Unrated), Level 6 (RGC 128), Level 7 (RGC 143), and Level 8 (RGC 176).

Quick note on the filed GHP grippers - I bought them used and already filed.  Much like York roundheads, I'll gladly use one that's already cut...but I never cut one personally.  😇

As for the unrated grippers, I simply haven't made time to send them to @Cannon for rating yet.  Maybe I should add that to my 2024 resolutions...  🤔

GHP Junior Grippers.jpg

GHP Grippers 2 - 8.jpg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

I'm grateful that @dubyagrip told me about the junior set a while back and I got them for my kids.

I might as well mention that CPW bought the remaining Junior gripper parts from Wade. Enough stuff to make about 120 grippers across all 5 Junior levels. They will not be branded GHP, but we will assemble them soon and get them up. 

CPW has always supported GHP any way possible. It’s a great brand and a quality product. The grippers are sure to become collectible. GHP has always been a valued partner and a key member of the community. These beloved grippers are many folks first choice. Thank you for everything, Wade! :flowers: 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm happy to have the 4 I got earlier this year. And the 2 I just ordered from CPW. 😀

20240105_182252.thumb.jpg.4325cca1169d20ea4df299e59393a2fc.jpg

Screenshot_20240105_183343_Gmail.thumb.jpg.7d713f6798aa38620dd24c49ad648699.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Cannon said:

I might as well mention that CPW bought the remaining Junior gripper parts from Wade. Enough stuff to make about 120 grippers across all 5 Junior levels. They will not be branded GHP, but we will assemble them soon and get them up. 

CPW has always supported GHP any way possible. It’s a great brand and a quality product. The grippers are sure to become collectible. GHP has always been a valued partner and a key member of the community. These beloved grippers are many folks first choice. Thank you for everything, Wade! :flowers: 

Thats way cool, glad I read this. 

 

I may have to snag few.. Either for my nephews who will find a way to destroy them or for the future mini blacksmiths i hope to have someday.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Cannon said:

I might as well mention that CPW bought the remaining Junior gripper parts from Wade. Enough stuff to make about 120 grippers across all 5 Junior levels. They will not be branded GHP, but we will assemble them soon and get them up. 

CPW has always supported GHP any way possible. It’s a great brand and a quality product. The grippers are sure to become collectible. GHP has always been a valued partner and a key member of the community. These beloved grippers are many folks first choice. Thank you for everything, Wade! :flowers: 

Was going to ask before reading this if perhaps CPW would want to start making Junior grippers in the future - glad to hear there's at least a start.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2024 at 6:01 PM, Douglas Carney said:

I'm grateful that @dubyagrip told me about the junior set a while back and I got them for my kids.

...

Watching football last night, my daughter (6) was sitting with me and asked me to hand her a GHP junior gripper.  Worked her way up to closing the blue (30 - 40lb according to the GHP shop).  Big sister (10) had to then give them a go and closed the black (40 - 50lb) but gold (50 - 60lb) is still a long term goal for her.

Later I watched the "King Kong 2024 Grip Announcement" on The Grip Show and when @Eric Roussin and @ZRMMA were talking about the youth portion, I got to thinking that it would be cool to get my kids to a grip comp sooner than later.  Size of some of the implements may be a limiting factor for my six year old, though...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sad news, the GHP's are my favorites by a mile.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Sad to hear!

 

Maybe you could do 1 last sale,

Announce it, so that everyone can even pre-order (pre-order would even give you the option to fund the entire thing in advance if you do preorder only) (maybe you could even set a minimum total amount of money raised in order to proceed further)

Increase the price so that you have big enough profit margin.

Maybe you could even partner with Cannon for distribution and option to get them ratted before shipping.

 

 

What do you think?

Would give the opportunity for everyone to get their hands on it!

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy policies.