New Use For Strapholds...

foggymountainmuscle

Hello everyone, I'm new to the grip board, this is my second post. You can call me Foggy, as they do on the NASS Avil forums.

I think I'm onto something here and I was hoping some of you guys might want to try this in your grip training. I would like to hear some studied opinions on the value of it. I'll get to it, see I was doing one handed snatches, using the Olympic Ironmind loading pin as my dumbell. I had to carry my other gym equipment in a plastic bag, well anyway I would hold onto both with one hand. I noticed my thumb was fatiging at a much faster rate than rest of my hand. I look down and it is the only digit holding the plastic bag against the loading pin. So I was thinking, in order to make selected digits, most likely the thumb and the last two fingers, work harder, one could slip a straphold underneath the finger when gripping a bar. This would probably be most pratical on a verticle bar hold or a pinch grip situation, but I think it could work on a normal barbell.

Obviosly I haven't tinkered with it enough to know if this produces significant results, but I do know that it will make the selected digit squeeze much harder. You could potientialy span the straphold across all four fingers, making the fingers work much harder than the thumb. Whatever you want, but I don't think you need much weight, 2.5 pounds would be very significant. Anyone willing to try it/think it will work?

If this is not the original idea that I thought it was I apologise for wasting your time, but it was such an exciting discovery for me!