Mb At Snowman!

Roark

I called John Beatty to ask if I could bring the Millennium bell to the Snowman so Joel could try to be the first man to stand fully erect with it. John said that would be fine, so this Saturday, we shall see!

I am awaiting word on what time Joel wants to attempt it, but it will no doubt be before the competition starts at 1:00.

Will let you know when the time is set.

I think it can be agreed that he has a strength level exceeding the 172 Inch- based on his playground activites with one in each hand.

Is that level about 60 lb more- which is about what the MB requires? We are talking in very approximate terms about a 1/3 increase.

Obviously, we are all pulling for him, as he pulls!

Were I a betting man, I would not bet against him.

To extrapolate, what if he can do it with either hand!?

A Showdown at the Snowman Corral!

Last year I did not bring the MB indoors to wam up for a couple of days so it began 'sweating' at Wendl's. This year, as soon as my wife gets home today, I will have her bring it into the warmth of the house, so that problem will not be repeated.

Even with two hands that monster is hard for me to handle!

Good luck Joel, I know you will demolish the MDB and I even think

you can walk with it :blink

M2

Brian Carlton is helping arrange details, and we will probably have the attempt at

Wendl's maybe a couple of hours before competition begins- say 11am or so, but I will have the details for sure in a couple of days.

Last year I called the local newspaper when I had the Terrible Trio on display and may as well have mentioned that shoes wear out fast when wet- a yawn and a bore was the reporter's response to me, even though a reporter friend of mine (not in sports) was trying to help. Not basketball or football, then they don't care!

Can't wait to hear how Joel does. At the same time remeber that Brian Schoonfeld is there to. I beleive that after many attempts he too broke the bell of the ground, correct me if I'm wrong,. Brian has also confidently done 170lbs on a three inch. Hopefully he has a go at it too.

Joel,

You don't need luck, just "RIP IT OFF THE FLOOR" :rock

---------------------------------

"Live long, stay strong" - Charles F. Biron

I called Ostlund last night and reminded him to bring his digital video camera. He won't forget. He's also got a digital pic camera that he's bringing.

No one knows for sure until he tries, but I think that Joel is going to lift the MB tomorrow to a full deadlift.

BC.

Just now off the phone with Dave; he and Joel should be arriving at Wendl's at from 11:00 to 11:30 if traffic allows.

This is an exciting event for me and we are all hoping to see some air time for the MB- I just lugged it into the house to get it to room temperature, and was breathing like a race horse- just then one of my wife's lady friends called, but Geni (wife) wasn't here, so totally out of breath, I told the woman my wife would have to call her back in a few minutes.

I suspect the woman misunderstood :ohmy

I called Ostlund last night and reminded him to bring his digital video camera.  He won't forget.  He's also got a digital pic camera that he's bringing. 

No one knows for sure until he tries, but I think that Joel is going to lift the MB tomorrow to a full deadlift.

BC.

Maybe one of you guys/some of you guys could post some results to the grip contest and the full strongman contest on this forum too?

A few forum members in the full contest and a lot of great amateurs and top pro strongmen competeing to.

I think?it would be of great interest to all of us that are not able to make the trip. :cool:cool:cool

I'm betting Joel does a full deadlift and maybe walks a few feet with it too??

i guess we find out in less than 24 hours.Very exciting stuff...and hats off to John Beatty...very cool all around strength contest.Some grip.Etc.Etc. For those who love 'old school' stongman?? :cool AND..... This contest should also 'satisfy'those that don't like the 'track meets' of strongman(i've never considered walking with 350 a side for 100 fts on farmers or 100 ft. with a 400lbs Husafelt stone a track met :whacked but some do)

Its good to see this totally independent Pro contest teamed up with the NASA...the Pro Am concept is also cool...no disrespect but i think some of the Pros will be having their lunch 'served'....actually...during the contest.

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Well, I've pleaded with Dave to call me when Joel makes his MB attempt so I can at least hear it happen live. If he remembers with all the rest of the hullabaloo going on around him I'll definitely post the results of at least Joel's attempt nearly simultaneously with the actual attempt.

BC.

IF it happens...as expected..It IS a 'seriously'historic occasion?

Only 2 people have done a lift of the Millenium.....Steve Gardner getting it about 7-8 inches off the ground....Mark Henry getting it a little fruther?

No full deadlift of the Millenium right?????Ever?

And even if he 'just' breaks it off the ground a few inches?Still puts him in an elite club.........

I'd guess he has a darn good shot at winning the 'Bomb'lift for time also...AND I'm VERY interested in the 'strongman'contest results.........as the Pros and Amateurs all doing the same weights???

I'm wondering..IF Griz will be there also?For 'The bomb'grip event???

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Hasn't Brian S. just barley broke it off the ground. Or hasn't he.

Not that I'm aware of?Roark would know and i'll ask the guys that went last year.

i think-last year-they told me he was putting it on an angle on a block of wood-with one side 'up' and an angle and the other side on the ground (or something)and reportedly still didn't get it off the ground?Even if he did...it wouldn't really 'count'?

Of course that was the out of shape,305lb.,ruptured disk,couldn't even break 725 off of an 18 inch deadlift platform, version of Schoonveld> I read he's weighing 350 now...and in shape....maybe?(if Roark lets him try?)he'll break it off the ground now??Still...... nobody is better suited( judgeing recent 'feats')to do it than Sward.

Hey Roark-

Any chance that we can get the MB to BFGS 2???

I have a feeling a couple of the boys may have a chance at it-Rob Vigeant and John Mannino being 2 of them ;)

Thanks-

Rick Walker :rock

Yes those two are on the list of 'probable/possible' Millenium lifters................I'd say with pexter 'shouldering'the INCH first try and having an 850 plus deadlift...gives him a bit of an advantage.

With that kind of back strength?228 probably feels like bending over to tie his shoes.It will be easy to 'focus' on his grip.

I'm pretty sure this spring Pexter will be buying the2X 172lb-2.47 inch handle solid steel.The 228lb.,2 3/8 and 250lb 'UNFATHOMABLE',2 3/8" handled dumbell and a few other pieces from Jerry Novak. ;);) Or at least some other 'light duty'dumbells.

Keep in mind Hark Henry did NOT shoulder the INCH replica first touch...yeah..ok he picked it up and put it on a table at a dinner party ;) ...but it took him awile to even kick it up THEN power cleaned it....IF he could have shouldered it(without some practice)?he'd have kicked it up at the Arnold when Pfister did it right in front of him and Kaz.Pfister lost the contest but won the Crowd that day...IMO if mark could have?(that day)he would have!

Edited by Tom of Iowa2