Training Pinch

Sonny

I've finally started using my IM pinch block more after I put some athletic tape on it to make it a little less slick. Man, what a difference. Anyways, I really have no clue as to how I should use it. Do you perform deadlifts with it or high pulls for reps? Or do you hold it for time?

hi sonny,

i have started with my IM pinch block a few days ago. it´s really difficult to lift - but i don´t want to put tape on it. i want to lift it like it is!..very slick

i´m lifting it every 4 days and try to hold it for 10 seconds. and i t increase the weight in every training (1,1lb in every training) and i do 3 sets

i hope it´s not bad for my gripper training to train with the pinch block (but i train always after the grippers)

how far are you with your #2 gripper?

I can close the #2 twice with my right hand, but the completion of the second rep is basically a quick touch of the handles and then my grip gives out. My left hand is a little slower, sometimes if I get a really good set I can come within half an inch of closing it, other times I'm not even close. After I take a break I'm gonna start working on upping the reps with the #2 and maybe do some inverted closes too!

I've also done no sets with the #1.

Thanks for the pinch block input. It should actually help your crushing strength a bit because your working your thumb with pinching!