Finger Pullups

anson

i have some homemade loops and i was thinking of starting to add some finger pullups only using my ring and pinkie fingers of each hand. i want to start this to help strengthen these fingers for gripper work, but is this exercise worth while? anyone else do these?

Finger pull ups are one of the best exercises u can do for your finger strength,

I did them when I was rockclimbing, I managed to get down to just my middle fingers.

Rather than around a chin bar I found the best way was to make a wooden one with holes big enough for two fingers, one finger, three...etc.

But be careful, many of my friends blew out their ligaments training this way.

Go Hard :cool

Ray

I've recently started finger-training, and have worked up to a solid TWO pull ups with my middle fingers off of a 1" ledge. :)

The finger strength you develop is neat and very unique, but the risk of some nasty injuries is noticable. If you feel any twinges of even the slightest nature, stop training for a few days.

I use ironminds eagle loops for my finger training. I do 2 finger and 4 finger one arm and two arm deadlifts. I do 2 finger pullups as well as Middle finger only on each hand pullup. Awesome and very painful training.

Jay :blink

Alternate finger grips will help you stay on the bar. I can pop off lots of pullups with my two middle fingers, but I go alternate grip with my 3rd fingers. I can really pound them out with my ring finger, but the index, no way. But I'm not using eagle loops, probably the next thing I'll order from IronMind, I just go on the bar.

One thing that could help develope the same type of finger strength is doing wrist flexes with just one finger on a wrist developer. John Brookfield talked about this in The Grip Master's Manual with regaurds to making sporting goods grip/wrist developers work for those with advanced hand strength. I assure you the poundage will be enough. I do not forsee anyone finding the maximum resistance level too low. Plus you can always place the bar higher up on your finger for worse leverage. I also use it to do wrist extentions, using the back of all four fingers.